Will a very pregnant Catherine Zeta-Jones perform the nominated song ”I Move On” with Renée Zellweger?Well, it depends on how much ”razzle dazzle” the eight-months-pregnant Zeta-Jones can display (she’s expecting her second child with Michael Douglas in the spring). According to Zeta-Jones’ publicist Cece York, the mother-to-be and Zellweger HAVE been asked to sing at the show, and Zeta-Jones hasn’t ruled out the idea of performing. ”But the pregnancy is a huge consideration,” York says. ”[Catherine] will be giving birth shortly after – hopefully not AT – the Oscars.” The larger problem might be the simple fact that it’s a two-person number. Months ago, when asked by Entertainment Weekly how she felt about performing live, Zellweger remarked: ”Oh, Jesus! It’s not something I do easily in front of people.” Could Zeta-Jones be left echoing her big ”Chicago” number, ”I Can’t Do It Alone”? An announcement is expected within the week.
(Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
Image credit: Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images
- 'Pitch': A radio caller thought Ginny Baker was a real baseball player
- 'Timeless' showrunners say TV has become too 'dark'
- 5 key tracks on the 'American Honey' soundtrack
- Intense trailer for 'Evolution' features a disturbing discovery
- 'Elementary' boss previews new threats in season 6
- Inside the strange storytelling factory of Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs
- 'Once Upon a Time': Hook's past will come back to haunt him