Will a very pregnant Catherine Zeta-Jones perform the nominated song ”I Move On” with Renée Zellweger?Well, it depends on how much ”razzle dazzle” the eight-months-pregnant Zeta-Jones can display (she’s expecting her second child with Michael Douglas in the spring). According to Zeta-Jones’ publicist Cece York, the mother-to-be and Zellweger HAVE been asked to sing at the show, and Zeta-Jones hasn’t ruled out the idea of performing. ”But the pregnancy is a huge consideration,” York says. ”[Catherine] will be giving birth shortly after – hopefully not AT – the Oscars.” The larger problem might be the simple fact that it’s a two-person number. Months ago, when asked by Entertainment Weekly how she felt about performing live, Zellweger remarked: ”Oh, Jesus! It’s not something I do easily in front of people.” Could Zeta-Jones be left echoing her big ”Chicago” number, ”I Can’t Do It Alone”? An announcement is expected within the week.
(Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
Image credit: Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images
- Zachary Levi talks 'Heroes Reborn' while playing 'Goldeneye' for Q&Play
- Daniel Craig says he'd only play Bond again 'for the money’
- Lady Gaga is ready for the 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere
- See legendary 'Star Wars' artist Drew Struzan's poster for 'Tales of Halloween'
- 'Power Rangers' has found its Pink Ranger
- 'Originals' star Phoebe Tonkin previews Hayley's revenge, wolf-spooning with Jackson
- How Kate Winslet became an unsinkable acting force