Will a very pregnant Catherine Zeta-Jones perform the nominated song ”I Move On” with Renée Zellweger?Well, it depends on how much ”razzle dazzle” the eight-months-pregnant Zeta-Jones can display (she’s expecting her second child with Michael Douglas in the spring). According to Zeta-Jones’ publicist Cece York, the mother-to-be and Zellweger HAVE been asked to sing at the show, and Zeta-Jones hasn’t ruled out the idea of performing. ”But the pregnancy is a huge consideration,” York says. ”[Catherine] will be giving birth shortly after – hopefully not AT – the Oscars.” The larger problem might be the simple fact that it’s a two-person number. Months ago, when asked by Entertainment Weekly how she felt about performing live, Zellweger remarked: ”Oh, Jesus! It’s not something I do easily in front of people.” Could Zeta-Jones be left echoing her big ”Chicago” number, ”I Can’t Do It Alone”? An announcement is expected within the week.
(Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
Image credit: Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images
- ABC's 'Scandal' team on how they'd handle Donald Trump
- Lenny Kravitz breaks silence on #penisgate with text from Steven Tyler
- A 'Lion King' animator drew a perfect tribute to Cecil the lion
- Why the best 'Goldbergs' episode is one you'll never see
- 'Bones,' 'Sleepy Hollow' crossover date revealed
- Disney chief on 'Star Wars' box office: Don’t get cocky
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on why Team Street is 'squad dreams supreme'