Will a very pregnant Catherine Zeta-Jones perform the nominated song ”I Move On” with Renée Zellweger?Well, it depends on how much ”razzle dazzle” the eight-months-pregnant Zeta-Jones can display (she’s expecting her second child with Michael Douglas in the spring). According to Zeta-Jones’ publicist Cece York, the mother-to-be and Zellweger HAVE been asked to sing at the show, and Zeta-Jones hasn’t ruled out the idea of performing. ”But the pregnancy is a huge consideration,” York says. ”[Catherine] will be giving birth shortly after – hopefully not AT – the Oscars.” The larger problem might be the simple fact that it’s a two-person number. Months ago, when asked by Entertainment Weekly how she felt about performing live, Zellweger remarked: ”Oh, Jesus! It’s not something I do easily in front of people.” Could Zeta-Jones be left echoing her big ”Chicago” number, ”I Can’t Do It Alone”? An announcement is expected within the week.
(Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images)
Posted March 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
Image credit: Zellweger & Zeta-Jones: Sean Gallup/Getty Images
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'