Medal of Honor, the World War II game series conceived by Steven Spielberg, will take a decidedly Michael Bay-like turn for its next installment. Electronic Arts’ MEDAL OF HONOR RISING SUN, due in November on all consoles, opens aboard the USS California, in its berth at Pearl Harbor. ”You wake up below deck and have to escape during the Japanese attack,” explains senior producer Tarrnie Williams. From there, the battle moves to four other locations in the Pacific theater, including a Thin Red Line-like conflict in the jungles of Guadalcanal and a mission that takes its cues from Bridge on the River Kwai. Inspiration clearly comes from the silver screen, but, admits Williams, ”it’s only recently that game technology has allowed us to depict these battles with Hollywood-level realism.” We’re ready to enlist.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'
- A breakdown of the 13 most absurd moments in the 'Rocky IV' training montages
- Anne Hathaway is pregnant
- New look at 'Batman v Superman' will debut during 'Gotham' fall finale