Medal of Honor, the World War II game series conceived by Steven Spielberg, will take a decidedly Michael Bay-like turn for its next installment. Electronic Arts’ MEDAL OF HONOR RISING SUN, due in November on all consoles, opens aboard the USS California, in its berth at Pearl Harbor. ”You wake up below deck and have to escape during the Japanese attack,” explains senior producer Tarrnie Williams. From there, the battle moves to four other locations in the Pacific theater, including a Thin Red Line-like conflict in the jungles of Guadalcanal and a mission that takes its cues from Bridge on the River Kwai. Inspiration clearly comes from the silver screen, but, admits Williams, ”it’s only recently that game technology has allowed us to depict these battles with Hollywood-level realism.” We’re ready to enlist.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!