Medal of Honor, the World War II game series conceived by Steven Spielberg, will take a decidedly Michael Bay-like turn for its next installment. Electronic Arts’ MEDAL OF HONOR RISING SUN, due in November on all consoles, opens aboard the USS California, in its berth at Pearl Harbor. ”You wake up below deck and have to escape during the Japanese attack,” explains senior producer Tarrnie Williams. From there, the battle moves to four other locations in the Pacific theater, including a Thin Red Line-like conflict in the jungles of Guadalcanal and a mission that takes its cues from Bridge on the River Kwai. Inspiration clearly comes from the silver screen, but, admits Williams, ”it’s only recently that game technology has allowed us to depict these battles with Hollywood-level realism.” We’re ready to enlist.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings 'Bad Romance' with James Corden
- President Obama reads mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (again)
- Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' sets country record
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'