Medal of Honor, the World War II game series conceived by Steven Spielberg, will take a decidedly Michael Bay-like turn for its next installment. Electronic Arts’ MEDAL OF HONOR RISING SUN, due in November on all consoles, opens aboard the USS California, in its berth at Pearl Harbor. ”You wake up below deck and have to escape during the Japanese attack,” explains senior producer Tarrnie Williams. From there, the battle moves to four other locations in the Pacific theater, including a Thin Red Line-like conflict in the jungles of Guadalcanal and a mission that takes its cues from Bridge on the River Kwai. Inspiration clearly comes from the silver screen, but, admits Williams, ”it’s only recently that game technology has allowed us to depict these battles with Hollywood-level realism.” We’re ready to enlist.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- Julian Seinfeld's lemonade stand shut down by the police
- J.K. Rowling applauds 'Harry Potter' stars' Twitter rivalry
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!