Medal of Honor, the World War II game series conceived by Steven Spielberg, will take a decidedly Michael Bay-like turn for its next installment. Electronic Arts’ MEDAL OF HONOR RISING SUN, due in November on all consoles, opens aboard the USS California, in its berth at Pearl Harbor. ”You wake up below deck and have to escape during the Japanese attack,” explains senior producer Tarrnie Williams. From there, the battle moves to four other locations in the Pacific theater, including a Thin Red Line-like conflict in the jungles of Guadalcanal and a mission that takes its cues from Bridge on the River Kwai. Inspiration clearly comes from the silver screen, but, admits Williams, ”it’s only recently that game technology has allowed us to depict these battles with Hollywood-level realism.” We’re ready to enlist.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 19 famous writers who came alive on film
- Larry Wilmore slams hunting dentist who killed Cecil the lion
- Keith Urban shows how this smash single got made
- Tyler, The Creator raps the new Dr. Seuss book
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!