Medal of Honor, the World War II game series conceived by Steven Spielberg, will take a decidedly Michael Bay-like turn for its next installment. Electronic Arts’ MEDAL OF HONOR RISING SUN, due in November on all consoles, opens aboard the USS California, in its berth at Pearl Harbor. ”You wake up below deck and have to escape during the Japanese attack,” explains senior producer Tarrnie Williams. From there, the battle moves to four other locations in the Pacific theater, including a Thin Red Line-like conflict in the jungles of Guadalcanal and a mission that takes its cues from Bridge on the River Kwai. Inspiration clearly comes from the silver screen, but, admits Williams, ”it’s only recently that game technology has allowed us to depict these battles with Hollywood-level realism.” We’re ready to enlist.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dateline shares first-look clip of upcoming special 'Cosby Accusers Speak'
- Ryan Murphy has already asked Lady Gaga to join 'AHS' season 6
- New 'Rocky Horror Show' gets BBC America premiere date
- Misha Collins releases behind-the-scenes look at filming 'Supernatural'
- How 'Twilight' fans reacted to the gender-swapping 'Twilight: Reimagined'
- See the action-packed final trailer for 'Mockingjay - Part 2'
- ABC Family changing name, ditching 'Family' to draw younger viewers