(PC; Microsoft; Teen) The dopey story line – involving a (yawn) mysterious alien artifact – might sound like a bad Sci Fi Channel movie, but Freelancer should bring a smile to space cadets everywhere. As Edison Trent, you’ll cruise the spaceways in pursuit of intergalactic scoundrels, plus earn a few bucks here and there. The mouse/keyboard controls (read: no joystick) work well, but only because the game’s weak programming turns enemy pilots into timid targets. Too simple for veteran space jocks, Freelancer will give rookies a slick ride into the great vacuum.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinksi join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!