(PC; Microsoft; Teen) The dopey story line – involving a (yawn) mysterious alien artifact – might sound like a bad Sci Fi Channel movie, but Freelancer should bring a smile to space cadets everywhere. As Edison Trent, you’ll cruise the spaceways in pursuit of intergalactic scoundrels, plus earn a few bucks here and there. The mouse/keyboard controls (read: no joystick) work well, but only because the game’s weak programming turns enemy pilots into timid targets. Too simple for veteran space jocks, Freelancer will give rookies a slick ride into the great vacuum.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Is 'The Flash' doing Flashpoint in season 3?
- Fozzie Bear reveals who he gets mistaken for on '@Midnight'
- Kate McKinnon impersonated Ellen and Hillary to their faces
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' season 7 trailer debuts
- Hillary Clinton plays 'Who'd You Rather?' on possible VP picks
- Paul McCartney: Kanye West is 'a monster' who 'inspires me'
- Hillary Clinton assesses Donald Trump's thoughts on women