(PC; Microsoft; Teen) The dopey story line – involving a (yawn) mysterious alien artifact – might sound like a bad Sci Fi Channel movie, but Freelancer should bring a smile to space cadets everywhere. As Edison Trent, you’ll cruise the spaceways in pursuit of intergalactic scoundrels, plus earn a few bucks here and there. The mouse/keyboard controls (read: no joystick) work well, but only because the game’s weak programming turns enemy pilots into timid targets. Too simple for veteran space jocks, Freelancer will give rookies a slick ride into the great vacuum.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Leonard Nimoy's best: Where to stream it
- Leonard Nimoy's legacy: A long and prosperous life remembered
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' dies
- Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock: 14 moments we love
- Leonard Nimoy and Zachary Quinto: A tale of two Spocks at Comic-Con '07
- First look: Cristin Milioti heads to 'The Mindy Project'