(PC; Microsoft; Teen) The dopey story line – involving a (yawn) mysterious alien artifact – might sound like a bad Sci Fi Channel movie, but Freelancer should bring a smile to space cadets everywhere. As Edison Trent, you’ll cruise the spaceways in pursuit of intergalactic scoundrels, plus earn a few bucks here and there. The mouse/keyboard controls (read: no joystick) work well, but only because the game’s weak programming turns enemy pilots into timid targets. Too simple for veteran space jocks, Freelancer will give rookies a slick ride into the great vacuum.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- Kim Kardashian West is Wonder Woman in Halloween throwback photo
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop