(PC; Microsoft; Teen) The dopey story line – involving a (yawn) mysterious alien artifact – might sound like a bad Sci Fi Channel movie, but Freelancer should bring a smile to space cadets everywhere. As Edison Trent, you’ll cruise the spaceways in pursuit of intergalactic scoundrels, plus earn a few bucks here and there. The mouse/keyboard controls (read: no joystick) work well, but only because the game’s weak programming turns enemy pilots into timid targets. Too simple for veteran space jocks, Freelancer will give rookies a slick ride into the great vacuum.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Daredevil' season 2 promo teases Punisher's debut
- 'Inside Out' wins top prizes at the Annie Awards
- Here's what critics are saying about 'Deadpool'
- Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' wins again as newcomers fumble
- John Legend, Sam Smith, and more celebs react to Beyonce's 'Formation'
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide