(PC; Microsoft; Teen) The dopey story line – involving a (yawn) mysterious alien artifact – might sound like a bad Sci Fi Channel movie, but Freelancer should bring a smile to space cadets everywhere. As Edison Trent, you’ll cruise the spaceways in pursuit of intergalactic scoundrels, plus earn a few bucks here and there. The mouse/keyboard controls (read: no joystick) work well, but only because the game’s weak programming turns enemy pilots into timid targets. Too simple for veteran space jocks, Freelancer will give rookies a slick ride into the great vacuum.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bond costar walks back Daniel Craig’s 007 quotes
- Olivia Wilde competes in the Actathalon challenge on 'Late Night with Seth Meyers'
- Metallica frontman confirms band is recording new album
- Jennifer Lawrence addresses Hollywood sexism in pointed new essay
- Zane Lowe shares a soundtrack of his life
- 'Jane The Virgin' postmortem: Who's the new villain?
- Stephen Colbert unveils rejected TED talks on 'The Late Show'