In almost every way, this 3-hour-and-35-minute prequel to 1993’s Gettysburg, starring Robert Duvall as Robert E. Lee and Stephen Lang as Thomas ”Stonewall” Jackson, is a trial to sit through: stiff, ponderous, fluttering, and crudely simplistic as an apologia for the Confederate ideology. It would be nice to say that the battles are powerful, but instead they are draped in Civil War-buff ”authenticity” without so much as a drop of carnage.
Genre: Historical, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Conway, Jeff Daniels, Robert Duvall, C. Thomas Howell, Stephen Lang, Billy Campbell, Mira Sorvino; Director: Ronald F. Maxwell; Author: Ronald F. Maxwell; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 215; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game