In almost every way, this 3-hour-and-35-minute prequel to 1993’s Gettysburg, starring Robert Duvall as Robert E. Lee and Stephen Lang as Thomas ”Stonewall” Jackson, is a trial to sit through: stiff, ponderous, fluttering, and crudely simplistic as an apologia for the Confederate ideology. It would be nice to say that the battles are powerful, but instead they are draped in Civil War-buff ”authenticity” without so much as a drop of carnage.
Genre: Historical, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Conway, Jeff Daniels, Robert Duvall, C. Thomas Howell, Stephen Lang, Billy Campbell, Mira Sorvino; Director: Ronald F. Maxwell; Author: Ronald F. Maxwell; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 215; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!