In almost every way, this 3-hour-and-35-minute prequel to 1993’s Gettysburg, starring Robert Duvall as Robert E. Lee and Stephen Lang as Thomas ”Stonewall” Jackson, is a trial to sit through: stiff, ponderous, fluttering, and crudely simplistic as an apologia for the Confederate ideology. It would be nice to say that the battles are powerful, but instead they are draped in Civil War-buff ”authenticity” without so much as a drop of carnage.
Genre: Historical, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Conway, Jeff Daniels, Robert Duvall, C. Thomas Howell, Stephen Lang, Billy Campbell, Mira Sorvino; Director: Ronald F. Maxwell; Author: Ronald F. Maxwell; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 215; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday