In almost every way, this 3-hour-and-35-minute prequel to 1993’s Gettysburg, starring Robert Duvall as Robert E. Lee and Stephen Lang as Thomas ”Stonewall” Jackson, is a trial to sit through: stiff, ponderous, fluttering, and crudely simplistic as an apologia for the Confederate ideology. It would be nice to say that the battles are powerful, but instead they are draped in Civil War-buff ”authenticity” without so much as a drop of carnage.
Genre: Historical, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Conway, Jeff Daniels, Robert Duvall, C. Thomas Howell, Stephen Lang, Billy Campbell, Mira Sorvino; Director: Ronald F. Maxwell; Author: Ronald F. Maxwell; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 215; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Beyoncé thought Denis Leary was Bryan Adams: 'Beyoncé makes the call'
- Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Watch the new trailer for 'Office Christmas Party'
- Seth Rogen, Kevin Hart join Jeff Ross' 'Roast Battle' judges panel
- Roger Moore 'heartbroken' after daughter dies of cancer
- Zelda Williams stars in Lifetime thriller 'Girl in the Box': Photos
- 'The A Word' clip: After sex, Maurice promises 'It'll get better'