In almost every way, this 3-hour-and-35-minute prequel to 1993’s Gettysburg, starring Robert Duvall as Robert E. Lee and Stephen Lang as Thomas ”Stonewall” Jackson, is a trial to sit through: stiff, ponderous, fluttering, and crudely simplistic as an apologia for the Confederate ideology. It would be nice to say that the battles are powerful, but instead they are draped in Civil War-buff ”authenticity” without so much as a drop of carnage.
Genre: Historical, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Kevin Conway, Jeff Daniels, Robert Duvall, C. Thomas Howell, Stephen Lang, Billy Campbell, Mira Sorvino; Director: Ronald F. Maxwell; Author: Ronald F. Maxwell; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 215; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Emma Stone explains how Bill Murray helped her on the set of 'Aloha'
- Joyce Carol Oates doesn't think Flannery O'Connor's stamp looks anything like her
- Kelly Clarkson is 'Invincible' in new music video
- Little Mix debuts 'Black Magic' video
- Kip Moore previews new album 'Wild Ones'
- Original Pocahontas voice actress Judy Kuhn sings ‘Colors of the Wind’ in different styles