As is usually the case, Seagal’s latest nondescript butt-kicker is amusing enough to merit the ”not nearly as bad as you’d expect” rave. With the help of goofily charismatic rapper Ja Rule, the aging aikido sensei thwarts cuddly Morris Chestnut’s convoluted scheme to break into Alcatraz (retrofitted to again hold America’s most dangerous prisoners, but looking more like an uninspired movie set) and find some hidden treasure. Call it ”Under Siege on the Rock.”
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steven Seagal, Morris Chestnut, Ja Rule, Kurupt; Director: Don Michael Paul; Author: Don Michael Paul; Release Date Wide: 11/15/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!