As is usually the case, Seagal’s latest nondescript butt-kicker is amusing enough to merit the ”not nearly as bad as you’d expect” rave. With the help of goofily charismatic rapper Ja Rule, the aging aikido sensei thwarts cuddly Morris Chestnut’s convoluted scheme to break into Alcatraz (retrofitted to again hold America’s most dangerous prisoners, but looking more like an uninspired movie set) and find some hidden treasure. Call it ”Under Siege on the Rock.”
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steven Seagal, Morris Chestnut, Ja Rule, Kurupt; Director: Don Michael Paul; Author: Don Michael Paul; Release Date Wide: 11/15/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Football stars cheer 'Eddie the Eagle' in film’s Super Bowl spot
- T.J. Miller reveals some of the lines too dirty for 'Deadpool'
- Nicholas Sparks: 'No one wanted to play Noah' in 'The Notebook'
- Emma Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch named visiting fellows at Oxford
- Salma Hayek visits ER in ‘inappropriate’ shirt after on-set injury
- 'The Witch' is 'a Puritan's nightmare' in new featurette
- War is coming in the 'Gods of Egypt' Super Bowl TV spot