As is usually the case, Seagal’s latest nondescript butt-kicker is amusing enough to merit the ”not nearly as bad as you’d expect” rave. With the help of goofily charismatic rapper Ja Rule, the aging aikido sensei thwarts cuddly Morris Chestnut’s convoluted scheme to break into Alcatraz (retrofitted to again hold America’s most dangerous prisoners, but looking more like an uninspired movie set) and find some hidden treasure. Call it ”Under Siege on the Rock.”
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steven Seagal, Morris Chestnut, Ja Rule, Kurupt; Director: Don Michael Paul; Author: Don Michael Paul; Release Date Wide: 11/15/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!