As is usually the case, Seagal’s latest nondescript butt-kicker is amusing enough to merit the ”not nearly as bad as you’d expect” rave. With the help of goofily charismatic rapper Ja Rule, the aging aikido sensei thwarts cuddly Morris Chestnut’s convoluted scheme to break into Alcatraz (retrofitted to again hold America’s most dangerous prisoners, but looking more like an uninspired movie set) and find some hidden treasure. Call it ”Under Siege on the Rock.”
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steven Seagal, Morris Chestnut, Ja Rule, Kurupt; Director: Don Michael Paul; Author: Don Michael Paul; Release Date Wide: 11/15/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy