As is usually the case, Seagal’s latest nondescript butt-kicker is amusing enough to merit the ”not nearly as bad as you’d expect” rave. With the help of goofily charismatic rapper Ja Rule, the aging aikido sensei thwarts cuddly Morris Chestnut’s convoluted scheme to break into Alcatraz (retrofitted to again hold America’s most dangerous prisoners, but looking more like an uninspired movie set) and find some hidden treasure. Call it ”Under Siege on the Rock.”
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steven Seagal, Morris Chestnut, Ja Rule, Kurupt; Director: Don Michael Paul; Author: Don Michael Paul; Release Date Wide: 11/15/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- What if Zack Snyder directed classic literature adaptations?
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby join political thriller 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall