As is usually the case, Seagal’s latest nondescript butt-kicker is amusing enough to merit the ”not nearly as bad as you’d expect” rave. With the help of goofily charismatic rapper Ja Rule, the aging aikido sensei thwarts cuddly Morris Chestnut’s convoluted scheme to break into Alcatraz (retrofitted to again hold America’s most dangerous prisoners, but looking more like an uninspired movie set) and find some hidden treasure. Call it ”Under Siege on the Rock.”
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Steven Seagal, Morris Chestnut, Ja Rule, Kurupt; Director: Don Michael Paul; Author: Don Michael Paul; Release Date Wide: 11/15/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Screen Gems Inc.
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Steve-O sentenced to 30 days in jail following SeaWorld protest
- Zachary Levi talks 'Heroes Reborn' while playing 'Goldeneye' for Q&Play
- Daniel Craig says he'd only play Bond again 'for the money’
- Lady Gaga is ready for the 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere
- See legendary 'Star Wars' artist Drew Struzan's poster for 'Tales of Halloween'
- 'Power Rangers' has found its Pink Ranger
- 'Originals' star Phoebe Tonkin previews Hayley's revenge, wolf-spooning with Jackson