First-time visits to one’s ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc’s journey to his grandfather’s homeland – a formerly idyllic, unnamed island now ravaged by war – is riddled with bullets. Inspired by an old letter from his dead father, Marc heads off to ”find something more” beyond his meager, reclusive existence in London. What he discovers is both an answer to his loneliness and a challenge to his innocence. In his third novel, Gunesekera evokes his birthplace, Sri Lanka, as he presents a love story made more brilliant and more sweet by the destruction all around.
Heaven's Edge First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...Heaven's EdgeFictionRomesh Gunesekera First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...2003-03-07
Genre: Fiction; Author: Romesh Gunesekera
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt