First-time visits to one’s ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc’s journey to his grandfather’s homeland – a formerly idyllic, unnamed island now ravaged by war – is riddled with bullets. Inspired by an old letter from his dead father, Marc heads off to ”find something more” beyond his meager, reclusive existence in London. What he discovers is both an answer to his loneliness and a challenge to his innocence. In his third novel, Gunesekera evokes his birthplace, Sri Lanka, as he presents a love story made more brilliant and more sweet by the destruction all around.
Heaven's Edge First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...Heaven's EdgeFictionRomesh Gunesekera First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...2003-03-07
Genre: Fiction; Author: Romesh Gunesekera
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rihanna & Drake countdown website is fake: source
- 'Supergirl' casts Superman villain Metallo — exclusive
- 'The Office' stars Jenna Fischer, Angela Kinsey reunite
- A bachelor party turns bloody in extreme clip from horror film 'Siren'
- Walton Goggins tells the story of losing his front teeth... twice
- James Franco, Zoë Kravitz, Jack Reynor to star in sci-fi film 'Kin'
- Allison Janney 'arrested' Emily Blunt on 'The Girl on the Train' set