First-time visits to one’s ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc’s journey to his grandfather’s homeland – a formerly idyllic, unnamed island now ravaged by war – is riddled with bullets. Inspired by an old letter from his dead father, Marc heads off to ”find something more” beyond his meager, reclusive existence in London. What he discovers is both an answer to his loneliness and a challenge to his innocence. In his third novel, Gunesekera evokes his birthplace, Sri Lanka, as he presents a love story made more brilliant and more sweet by the destruction all around.
Heaven's Edge First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...Heaven's EdgeFictionRomesh Gunesekera First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...2003-03-07
Genre: Fiction; Author: Romesh Gunesekera
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rachel Dratch, Holland Taylor join world premiere of 'Ripcord'
- Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner are truly 'Difficult People' in first trailer
- 'Law & Order' cast describes their show in 30 seconds
- Luke Perry reacts to Lifetime’s 'Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210' project
- Maria Menounos named co-anchor at 'E! News'
- 'The Fighter' actor Sean Malone dies following drowning incident
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!