First-time visits to one’s ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc’s journey to his grandfather’s homeland – a formerly idyllic, unnamed island now ravaged by war – is riddled with bullets. Inspired by an old letter from his dead father, Marc heads off to ”find something more” beyond his meager, reclusive existence in London. What he discovers is both an answer to his loneliness and a challenge to his innocence. In his third novel, Gunesekera evokes his birthplace, Sri Lanka, as he presents a love story made more brilliant and more sweet by the destruction all around.
Heaven's Edge First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...Heaven's EdgeFictionRomesh Gunesekera First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...2003-03-07
Genre: Fiction; Author: Romesh Gunesekera
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- Ben Stiller's little-known punk rocker past comes to light
- 'Barely Lethal' R rating overturned
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!