First-time visits to one’s ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc’s journey to his grandfather’s homeland – a formerly idyllic, unnamed island now ravaged by war – is riddled with bullets. Inspired by an old letter from his dead father, Marc heads off to ”find something more” beyond his meager, reclusive existence in London. What he discovers is both an answer to his loneliness and a challenge to his innocence. In his third novel, Gunesekera evokes his birthplace, Sri Lanka, as he presents a love story made more brilliant and more sweet by the destruction all around.
Heaven's Edge First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...Heaven's EdgeFictionRomesh Gunesekera First-time visits to one's ancestral land are often fraught with difficulty. Marc's journey to his grandfather's homeland -- a formerly idyllic, unnamed...2003-03-07
Genre: Fiction; Author: Romesh Gunesekera
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!