Let’s face it, ”Christian entertainment” too often means lame, sugarcoated propaganda. Thank Whomever, then, for the ”Veggie-Tales” series, which marshals far more sass and intelligence in the service of familiar Bible stories than any normal cynic would expect from talking computer-generated produce. In Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, the video regulars’ first theatrical release, the story of Jonah is faithfully retold with witty brio by a gang of do-nothing pirates in a lonely seafood restaurant. They even work in an ”ALF” joke – a miracle in itself.
Genre: Animation, Comedy; Starring: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Director: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Author: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Release Date Wide: 10/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Artisan Entertainment
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment
- 'Paper Towns' trailer sets up the mystery of Margo
- Twisted Sister documentary acquired by Music Box Films
- Gillian Anderson-led 'Streetcar Named Desire' coming to New York