Let’s face it, ”Christian entertainment” too often means lame, sugarcoated propaganda. Thank Whomever, then, for the ”Veggie-Tales” series, which marshals far more sass and intelligence in the service of familiar Bible stories than any normal cynic would expect from talking computer-generated produce. In Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, the video regulars’ first theatrical release, the story of Jonah is faithfully retold with witty brio by a gang of do-nothing pirates in a lonely seafood restaurant. They even work in an ”ALF” joke – a miracle in itself.
Genre: Animation, Comedy; Starring: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Director: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Author: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Release Date Wide: 10/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Artisan Entertainment
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt