Let’s face it, ”Christian entertainment” too often means lame, sugarcoated propaganda. Thank Whomever, then, for the ”Veggie-Tales” series, which marshals far more sass and intelligence in the service of familiar Bible stories than any normal cynic would expect from talking computer-generated produce. In Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, the video regulars’ first theatrical release, the story of Jonah is faithfully retold with witty brio by a gang of do-nothing pirates in a lonely seafood restaurant. They even work in an ”ALF” joke – a miracle in itself.
Genre: Animation, Comedy; Starring: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Director: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Author: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Release Date Wide: 10/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Artisan Entertainment
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'