Let’s face it, ”Christian entertainment” too often means lame, sugarcoated propaganda. Thank Whomever, then, for the ”Veggie-Tales” series, which marshals far more sass and intelligence in the service of familiar Bible stories than any normal cynic would expect from talking computer-generated produce. In Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, the video regulars’ first theatrical release, the story of Jonah is faithfully retold with witty brio by a gang of do-nothing pirates in a lonely seafood restaurant. They even work in an ”ALF” joke – a miracle in itself.
Genre: Animation, Comedy; Starring: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Director: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Author: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Release Date Wide: 10/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Artisan Entertainment
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Final Five gymnasts saw 'Hamilton'
- John Kraskinski explains why he didn't get to play Captain America
- Eddie Vedder ejects fan out of Pearl Jam concert mid-song
- 'Poldark' season 2 exclusive trailer: Aidan Turner turns up the heat
- Jason Derulo joins James Corden for Toddlerography
- Stephen Colbert unearths video of Trump & Giuliani in drag sketch
- 50 Cent pitches his own parody convenience store