Let’s face it, ”Christian entertainment” too often means lame, sugarcoated propaganda. Thank Whomever, then, for the ”Veggie-Tales” series, which marshals far more sass and intelligence in the service of familiar Bible stories than any normal cynic would expect from talking computer-generated produce. In Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, the video regulars’ first theatrical release, the story of Jonah is faithfully retold with witty brio by a gang of do-nothing pirates in a lonely seafood restaurant. They even work in an ”ALF” joke – a miracle in itself.
Genre: Animation, Comedy; Starring: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Director: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Author: Mike Nawrocki, Phil Vischer; Release Date Wide: 10/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Artisan Entertainment
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'