Kevin Spacey plays a defrocked college professor accused of raping and killing a fellow anti-death-penalty advocate, who has three days left before his scheduled execution. While the central argument – that an unacknowledged percentage of death-row inmates are innocent – is compelling, the film is a self-righteous mishmash that can’t decide whether to be a tribute to the fanatical leftist passion that thrives in college towns, an indictment of that very same fanaticism, or a ghoulishly didactic snuff-video thriller.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet, Matt Craven, Laura Linney, Gabriel Mann; Director: Alan Parker; Author: Charles Randolph; Producer (person): Nicolas Cage, Alan Parker; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 131; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade