Kevin Spacey plays a defrocked college professor accused of raping and killing a fellow anti-death-penalty advocate, who has three days left before his scheduled execution. While the central argument – that an unacknowledged percentage of death-row inmates are innocent – is compelling, the film is a self-righteous mishmash that can’t decide whether to be a tribute to the fanatical leftist passion that thrives in college towns, an indictment of that very same fanaticism, or a ghoulishly didactic snuff-video thriller.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet, Matt Craven, Laura Linney, Gabriel Mann; Director: Alan Parker; Author: Charles Randolph; Producer (person): Nicolas Cage, Alan Parker; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 131; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!