Kevin Spacey plays a defrocked college professor accused of raping and killing a fellow anti-death-penalty advocate, who has three days left before his scheduled execution. While the central argument – that an unacknowledged percentage of death-row inmates are innocent – is compelling, the film is a self-righteous mishmash that can’t decide whether to be a tribute to the fanatical leftist passion that thrives in college towns, an indictment of that very same fanaticism, or a ghoulishly didactic snuff-video thriller.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet, Matt Craven, Laura Linney, Gabriel Mann; Director: Alan Parker; Author: Charles Randolph; Producer (person): Nicolas Cage, Alan Parker; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 131; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!