Kevin Spacey plays a defrocked college professor accused of raping and killing a fellow anti-death-penalty advocate, who has three days left before his scheduled execution. While the central argument – that an unacknowledged percentage of death-row inmates are innocent – is compelling, the film is a self-righteous mishmash that can’t decide whether to be a tribute to the fanatical leftist passion that thrives in college towns, an indictment of that very same fanaticism, or a ghoulishly didactic snuff-video thriller.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet, Matt Craven, Laura Linney, Gabriel Mann; Director: Alan Parker; Author: Charles Randolph; Producer (person): Nicolas Cage, Alan Parker; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Universal
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters