Charlize Theron is trying to do Nicole and Salma one better. To play real-life prostitute-turned-serial killer Aileen Wuornos in ”Monster” (coming in November), Theron is employing a time-honored Oscar technique: uglifying her gorgeous self. And we’re not just talking fake nose or unibrow here; she dons fake teeth and dark contacts – and packs an extra 16 pounds (thanks, Krispy Kreme). In casting the ”Sweet November” actress, writer-director Patty Jenkins looked past Theron’s beauty to her ”courage and tremendous lack of vanity.” In fact, she says, ”now we see her looking like s – - every day, and she doesn’t mind a bit.” Indeed, Theron says slumming it on the Orlando set is no big deal: ”I’m not going to show up in Versace and perfect makeup every day just to show the crew how good I can look.”
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' stars Norman Reedus and Andrew Lincoln get cheeky
- Jon Stewart addresses those 'secret' meetings with President Obama
- This Week's Cover: First look at season 6 of 'The Walking Dead'
- 19 famous writers who came alive on film
- Larry Wilmore slams hunting dentist who killed Cecil the lion
- Keith Urban shows how this smash single got made
- Tyler, The Creator raps the new Dr. Seuss book
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!