Charlize Theron is trying to do Nicole and Salma one better. To play real-life prostitute-turned-serial killer Aileen Wuornos in ”Monster” (coming in November), Theron is employing a time-honored Oscar technique: uglifying her gorgeous self. And we’re not just talking fake nose or unibrow here; she dons fake teeth and dark contacts – and packs an extra 16 pounds (thanks, Krispy Kreme). In casting the ”Sweet November” actress, writer-director Patty Jenkins looked past Theron’s beauty to her ”courage and tremendous lack of vanity.” In fact, she says, ”now we see her looking like s – - every day, and she doesn’t mind a bit.” Indeed, Theron says slumming it on the Orlando set is no big deal: ”I’m not going to show up in Versace and perfect makeup every day just to show the crew how good I can look.”
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge's post-show dish: Why (SPOILER) had to die
- Casting Net: Gabrielle Union heading to Jamie Foxx action film 'Sleepless Night'
- 'The View' eyeing two new cohosts?
- 'The Help' director Tate Taylor to helm 'Girl on the Train'
- Pete Davidson live tweets his 'Harry Potter' marathon, gives 'dope as f---' review
- Reese Witherspoon as Tinker Bell: Disney developing 'Peter Pan' spinoff 'Tink'
- Molest claim vs. Josh Duggar; family says...
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Taylor Schilling, Jessica Alba, Beyoncé & More!