Charlize Theron is trying to do Nicole and Salma one better. To play real-life prostitute-turned-serial killer Aileen Wuornos in ”Monster” (coming in November), Theron is employing a time-honored Oscar technique: uglifying her gorgeous self. And we’re not just talking fake nose or unibrow here; she dons fake teeth and dark contacts – and packs an extra 16 pounds (thanks, Krispy Kreme). In casting the ”Sweet November” actress, writer-director Patty Jenkins looked past Theron’s beauty to her ”courage and tremendous lack of vanity.” In fact, she says, ”now we see her looking like s – - every day, and she doesn’t mind a bit.” Indeed, Theron says slumming it on the Orlando set is no big deal: ”I’m not going to show up in Versace and perfect makeup every day just to show the crew how good I can look.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!