Charlize Theron is trying to do Nicole and Salma one better. To play real-life prostitute-turned-serial killer Aileen Wuornos in ”Monster” (coming in November), Theron is employing a time-honored Oscar technique: uglifying her gorgeous self. And we’re not just talking fake nose or unibrow here; she dons fake teeth and dark contacts – and packs an extra 16 pounds (thanks, Krispy Kreme). In casting the ”Sweet November” actress, writer-director Patty Jenkins looked past Theron’s beauty to her ”courage and tremendous lack of vanity.” In fact, she says, ”now we see her looking like s – - every day, and she doesn’t mind a bit.” Indeed, Theron says slumming it on the Orlando set is no big deal: ”I’m not going to show up in Versace and perfect makeup every day just to show the crew how good I can look.”
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical': Ranking the musical numbers
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!