Why would HBO, cable’s most innovative network – and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder – think it’s a good idea to let Bill Maher bring the skeleton of his canceled ABC show, ”Politically Incorrect,” and stuff it into the tattered corpse of ”Dennis Miller Live”? That’s all Real Time With Bill Maher is: a live hour in which the sour comedian regathers old friends like hate-spewing harridan Ann Coulter to yammer about the evils of affirmative action and feminism. On Maher’s premiere, former HBO stalwart Chris Rock dropped in for a few seconds and exploded the dull conversation; when he exited, any life left with him.
Real Time With Bill MaherWhy would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...Real Time With Bill MaherTalk Shows02/21/2003Why would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...2003-03-07
Genre: Talk Shows; Series Premiere: 02/21/2003; Status: In Season
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Rectify' enters its final season
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings, James Corden wears meat dress
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop