Why would HBO, cable’s most innovative network – and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder – think it’s a good idea to let Bill Maher bring the skeleton of his canceled ABC show, ”Politically Incorrect,” and stuff it into the tattered corpse of ”Dennis Miller Live”? That’s all Real Time With Bill Maher is: a live hour in which the sour comedian regathers old friends like hate-spewing harridan Ann Coulter to yammer about the evils of affirmative action and feminism. On Maher’s premiere, former HBO stalwart Chris Rock dropped in for a few seconds and exploded the dull conversation; when he exited, any life left with him.
Real Time With Bill MaherWhy would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...Real Time With Bill MaherTalk Shows02/21/2003Why would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...2003-03-07
Genre: Talk Shows; Series Premiere: 02/21/2003; Status: In Season
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy and Gillian Anderson get philosophical in exclusive 'Hannibal' finale clip
- Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander stun in new 'Danish Girl' poster
- Get to know The Weeknd through his 9 best deep cuts
- Jimmy Kimmel censors Donald Trump on 'Unnecessary Censorship'
- Ranking Shania Twain's 37 singles in honor of her 50th birthday
- 'It Follows' director responds to Tarantino's criticism
- Kelly Clarkson covers Dolly Parton's 'Jolene'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!