Why would HBO, cable’s most innovative network – and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder – think it’s a good idea to let Bill Maher bring the skeleton of his canceled ABC show, ”Politically Incorrect,” and stuff it into the tattered corpse of ”Dennis Miller Live”? That’s all Real Time With Bill Maher is: a live hour in which the sour comedian regathers old friends like hate-spewing harridan Ann Coulter to yammer about the evils of affirmative action and feminism. On Maher’s premiere, former HBO stalwart Chris Rock dropped in for a few seconds and exploded the dull conversation; when he exited, any life left with him.
Real Time With Bill MaherWhy would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...Real Time With Bill MaherTalk Shows02/21/2003Why would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...2003-03-07
Genre: Talk Shows; Series Premiere: 02/21/2003; Status: In Season
Posted March 7 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Paul McCartney meets women who inspired ‘Blackbird’ at Arkansas concert
- Patton Oswalt shares touching words from daughter after wife’s death
- Aretha Franklin performs 'Purple Rain' on International Jazz Day
- 'Penny Dreadful' season 3 sneak peek teases 'a terrible end'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' opens to $200 million internationally
- WATCH: Taylor John Smith on his 'Cruel Intentions' reboot audition
- Mads Mikkelsen says he wants to return for more 'Hannibal'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch