Why would HBO, cable’s most innovative network – and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder – think it’s a good idea to let Bill Maher bring the skeleton of his canceled ABC show, ”Politically Incorrect,” and stuff it into the tattered corpse of ”Dennis Miller Live”? That’s all Real Time With Bill Maher is: a live hour in which the sour comedian regathers old friends like hate-spewing harridan Ann Coulter to yammer about the evils of affirmative action and feminism. On Maher’s premiere, former HBO stalwart Chris Rock dropped in for a few seconds and exploded the dull conversation; when he exited, any life left with him.
Real Time With Bill MaherWhy would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...Real Time With Bill MaherTalk ShowsWhy would HBO, cable's most innovative network -- and I say that with neither irony nor some iron hand of AOL Time Warner corporate synergy on my shoulder...2003-03-07
Genre: Talk Shows
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!