Paul Schneider AGE 26 WHERE YOU’VE SEEN HIM Costarring with Zooey Deschanel as a small-town skirt chaser in David Gordon Green’s Sundance award-winning All the Real Girls. HAPPENSTANCE After a series of odd jobs (e.g., haunted-house monster), Schneider made an impression in pal Green’s feature debut, 2000’s George Washington. ”I started acting on a goof,” says Schneider, ”to save [casting] headaches.” ART THERAPY Classmates at North Carolina School of the Arts, Schneider and Green started cowriting the bittersweet Girls in 1997, ”while our own [romantic] wounds were still fresh.” REAL LOVE Shot in Asheville (the actor’s hometown) and Marshall, N.C., Girls has a realistic take on romance. ”We’re not flying into space and fighting asteroids. Young love is all about being awkward.” NEXT Wading through a flood of scripts. Dream directors? ”Lars von Trier, Alexander Payne, David O. Russell. They make movies with a mind behind them – not committee or test audience.”
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Breaking Bad' actor RJ Mitte champions disabled people in pop culture
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...