SUEDE, a cozy two-level lounge in NYC’s Chelsea area that packs in the A-listers. WHO Justin Timberlake, Brittany Murphy, Heather Graham, John Corbett, and Leonardo DiCaprio are just a few who have dropped by. (It probably helps that well-connected producer Timbaland is co-owner.) MUSIC MEN Celeb DJs like Mark Ronson and Kid Capri keep the party hopping. ”We just try to keep the music appealing to everyone,” says co-owner Eytan Sugarman. IT MAY BE SMALL, but The Sopranos’ Jamie-Lynn Sigler had her engagement party at the club, The Source celebrated cover boy Nelly there, and ‘N Sync’s Joey Fatone threw his Halloween party at the spot as well. Says Sugarman: ”We didn’t want one of those big, huge spaces you needed 1,000 people to fill. People in the entertainment industry seem to like calling our place home.”
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!