For Sid Vicious fans, it’s anarchy in the UT – or wherever the powder’s deep – now that ski manufacturer K2 has introduced the Seth Pistol, punk-themed skis inspired by the legendary band. Codesigned by extreme stunt skier Seth Morrison, each pair (which are ”for intermediate to advanced,” says Morrison, for ”people who want to ski all aspects of the mountain”) is emblazoned with a plaid-clad rude boy firing off – oy! – a pistol (k2skis.com). Maybe that design inspired another: K2 also carries a Public Enemy ”urban” model of terrain-park-ready skis decorated with hand-drawn crosshairs and cops in full riot gear. Yo! Bum-rush the snow!
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles
- See the same-sex romance that was deleted from 'Love Actually'
- Kurt Cobain makes first Billboard chart appearance as solo artist
- Cynthia Robinson, Sly and the Family Stone co-founder, dies at 69
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Keke Palmer, and more hand jive in 'Grease: Live' First Look