”[His] music was consistently dramatic. He was completely obsessive and nuts. He would hear things in records harmonically between instruments and then try and nail them, not leave any subtleties, you know. Why use one great idea when seven will do? It sounded right to me. I relate to people who have this wild enthusiasm and passion in their work. I’ve been around people who sit around getting stoned and not getting it together, so I like people with passion.”
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!