”[His] music was consistently dramatic. He was completely obsessive and nuts. He would hear things in records harmonically between instruments and then try and nail them, not leave any subtleties, you know. Why use one great idea when seven will do? It sounded right to me. I relate to people who have this wild enthusiasm and passion in their work. I’ve been around people who sit around getting stoned and not getting it together, so I like people with passion.”
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- People are naming their kids after the 'Empire' family
- Academy unveils shortlist of 15 Best Documentary contenders
- Mark Zuckerberg welcomes baby, pledges 99% of Facebook stock to charity
- See exclusive preview pages from Z2 Comics' 'Carver: A Paris Adventure'
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Stephen & Ciera critique each other on 'Survivor Talk'