Tim Kasher is a veteran of Omaha’s band scene, a.k.a. the new indie-rock Camelot (see Bright Eyes, the Faint, and so on), and like his kin, he tends toward acute self-awareness and the prominent display of heart, entrails, etc. on his sleeve. But Organ raises the Saddle Creek bar in terms of sheer psychiatric-rock intensity. A set of spasmodic rants and cello-spiked anthems, it flirts with searing regret and suicidal tendencies; ”I’m ready to settle down now, so get that man out of my bed/ I want my daughter back now” goes one unsettling verse. It can make for difficult listen- ing. Yet, like the best rock purging, it can also be remarkably therapeutic. MIRROR MAN The caterwauling ”Art Is Hard” (”Fall in love to fail/To boost your CD sales”) is a punk meta-fictionist’s take on ”Suffer to Sing the Blues.”
The Ugly Organ Tim Kasher is a veteran of Omaha's band scene, a.k.a. the new indie-rock Camelot (see Bright Eyes, the Faint, and so on), and like his kin, he tends...The Ugly Organ Tim Kasher is a veteran of Omaha's band scene, a.k.a. the new indie-rock Camelot (see Bright Eyes, the Faint, and so on), and like his kin, he tends...2003-03-14
Producer (group): Saddle Creek
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Bieber and Questlove have intense drum battle on 'Tonight Show'
- All the ways this has been the summer of Dave Grohl
- Justin Bieber wants Tyler Perry to play him in a TV show about his life
- Justin Bieber sings 'Where Are U Now' as a country ballad
- Janet Jackson reveals release date and track list for 'Unbreakable'
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after VMAs performance
- 'Survivor' player Stephen Fishbach says 'it haunts me every day, the fact I didn't win'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!