THE PERPETRATOR Lionel Richie THE PROOF ”Superman” (1974) THE PLEA ”It was [the Commodores’] first song – first song! – and now I wish I could get that bad boy back. I knew when I wrote the lyrics – ‘I’m rough, I’m tough, I’m big bad stuff’ – let me just tell you, if I could get those lyrics back from that first album…. Other than that, I’m pretty much satisfied with the rest of the stuff. You know, at one point I thought ‘Brick House’ was going to be [perceived as] crazy. Can you imagine that? You know, because the line ‘36-24-36.’ I was trying to figure out, ‘How is that going to [sound to people]?’ The answer: We did all right.”
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt