THE PERPETRATOR Lionel Richie THE PROOF ”Superman” (1974) THE PLEA ”It was [the Commodores’] first song – first song! – and now I wish I could get that bad boy back. I knew when I wrote the lyrics – ‘I’m rough, I’m tough, I’m big bad stuff’ – let me just tell you, if I could get those lyrics back from that first album…. Other than that, I’m pretty much satisfied with the rest of the stuff. You know, at one point I thought ‘Brick House’ was going to be [perceived as] crazy. Can you imagine that? You know, because the line ‘36-24-36.’ I was trying to figure out, ‘How is that going to [sound to people]?’ The answer: We did all right.”
Posted March 14 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters