Piglet’s Big Movie, like 1977’s seminal ”The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh,” is a collection of shorts, here presented as flashbacks. All three derive from A.A. Milne’s original tales, but retain only a smidgen of his droll, easy-chair wit. (Carly Simon’s tunes are no substitute for a good narrator – Sebastian Cabot, you are sorely missed.) The cause for all this reminiscing is a search for the wee porker (voiced by John Fiedler, hamming it up in this role for 35 years now), who has wandered off dejectedly to ponder his feelings of inadequacy. The drama culminates in a literal cliff-hanger, which (a) feels too typically cinematic for the tempest-in-a-honeypot scale of the Pooh-niverse, and (b) raises some puzzling topographical questions about the Hundred Acre Wood.
(Piglet's Big Movie: Walt Disney)
Genre: Kids and Family, Animation; Starring: Peter Cullen, James Cummings, John Fiedler, Ken Samson; Director: Francis Glebas; Author: Brian Hohlfeld; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 75; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted March 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers