Piglet’s Big Movie, like 1977’s seminal ”The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh,” is a collection of shorts, here presented as flashbacks. All three derive from A.A. Milne’s original tales, but retain only a smidgen of his droll, easy-chair wit. (Carly Simon’s tunes are no substitute for a good narrator – Sebastian Cabot, you are sorely missed.) The cause for all this reminiscing is a search for the wee porker (voiced by John Fiedler, hamming it up in this role for 35 years now), who has wandered off dejectedly to ponder his feelings of inadequacy. The drama culminates in a literal cliff-hanger, which (a) feels too typically cinematic for the tempest-in-a-honeypot scale of the Pooh-niverse, and (b) raises some puzzling topographical questions about the Hundred Acre Wood.
(Piglet's Big Movie: Walt Disney)
Genre: Kids and Family, Animation; Starring: Peter Cullen, James Cummings, John Fiedler, Ken Samson; Director: Francis Glebas; Author: Brian Hohlfeld; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 75; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted March 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Law & Order' cast describes their show in 30 seconds
- Luke Perry reacts to Lifetime’s 'Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210' project
- Maria Menounos named co-anchor at 'E! News'
- 'The Fighter' actor Sean Malone dies following drowning incident
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- Lupita Nyong'o to star in New York play written by 'Walking Dead' star
- Bikini Kill will release three new songs
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!