Everything good in this shallow, California-dreamin’ indie belongs to the sexy, worldly-wise performance of Frances McDormand, a record producer as famous for her sex life as for her musical hits. Everything irritating is condensed into the fussy performances of Christian Bale and Kate Beckinsale as the rock mama’s priggish adult son and his even more humorless, whining fiancee. Chill, kids.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Christian Bale, Kate Beckinsale, Frances McDormand, Lou Barlow, Natascha McElhone, Alessandro Nivola; Director: Lisa Cholodenko; Author: Lisa Cholodenko; Release Date Limited: 03/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Relive Hillary Clinton dancing to the 'Macarena' at the 1996 DNC
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'