Everything good in this shallow, California-dreamin’ indie belongs to the sexy, worldly-wise performance of Frances McDormand, a record producer as famous for her sex life as for her musical hits. Everything irritating is condensed into the fussy performances of Christian Bale and Kate Beckinsale as the rock mama’s priggish adult son and his even more humorless, whining fiancee. Chill, kids.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Christian Bale, Kate Beckinsale, Frances McDormand, Lou Barlow, Natascha McElhone, Alessandro Nivola; Director: Lisa Cholodenko; Author: Lisa Cholodenko; Release Date Limited: 03/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen weighs in on jury house drama
- Who killed Andrea on 'The Night Of'?
- Justin Theroux guessed Emily Blunt was pregnant on 'Train' set
- '7th Heaven' stars look back on show for 20th anniversary
- 'Law & Order': Steven Hill remembered with binge-a-thon
- 10 under-the-radar singles from emerging artists
- Margo Martindale only wears pink underwear — here's the reason why