Garcia plays a frustrated novelist whose first book rots in remainder bins. Poor guy’s got a family to support but no income – so, naturally, he joins up with a male escort service. (Couldn’t he have just gotten a job at a Barnes & Noble or something?) Olivia Williams plays his rich jane, James Coburn is her Pulitzer Prize-winning husband, and a spindly Mick Jagger shows up as a well-mannered pimp. They all put on a nice-enough show, but who cares when the premise is this ridiculous?
Genre: Drama; Starring: James Coburn, Andy Garcia, Olivia Williams, Anjelica Huston, Mick Jagger, Julianna Margulies; Director: George Hickenlooper; Author: Phillip Jayson Lasker; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'A Walk In The Woods' trailer: Watch Robert Redford, Nick Nolte hike the Appalachian Trail
- Gloria Steinem's 'My Life on the Road' to hit shelves in October
- Watch Jason Segel channel David Foster Wallace in The End of the Tour trailer
- The Weeknd lives through a car crash in 'The Hills' video
- Vanessa Bayer, Fred Armisen, more appear in new Jenny Lewis video
- Neil Young thought Florence Welch was 'a man with a high voice'
- New 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'?
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!