”Words are my stock in trade,” coos caustic ladies’ man Roger Swanson (Scott). Man, are they. Freshman writer-director Dylan Kidd’s bravura black comedy, following Roger as he leads his 16-year-old nephew (Eisenberg, a perfect foil) through a sweaty one night tutorial on women, gives Roger the best long-form rants since ”Good Will Hunting” shot down the ponytailed poseur. His ”high verbal ability,” utterly smooth and deadly thanks to Scott’s delirious performance, helps make this one of the funniest and most cutting movies of last year.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Campbell Scott, Jennifer Beals, Elizabeth Berkley, Isabella Rossellini; Director: Dylan Kidd; Author: Dylan Kidd; Release Date Limited: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: TriStar Pictures
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Cameron Crowe's Showtime comedy 'Roadies'
- 'Night Manager' trailer: Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie team for AMC miniseries
- What To Watch This Weekend: 'Vinyl' wants to rock your Sunday
- Here's what the critics are saying about 'Zoolander No. 2'
- 'Veep': See the first teaser trailer for season 5
- Norman Reedus: Get ready for a 'super pissed off' Daryl on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Better Call Saul' S2 premiere, finale to be followed by 'Talking Saul'