In this military-rescue thriller set in the jungles of Nigeria, Bruce Willis, as a Navy SEAL, boasts a shaved head, an electronic earpiece, and an air of detached efficiency that combine to make him look a bit like GloboCop. Assigned to extract an American volunteer (Monica Bellucci) from the crisis zone, Willis leads a ragtag group of African refugees in an escape from Marxist rebels. Director Antoine Fuqua mimics the tangled forest mayhem of Vietnam films like ”Platoon,” but there’s not much distinction here between terror and kinesis – between the hell of war and the kick of war.
Genre: Drama, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Monica Bellucci, Bruce Willis, Malick Bowens, Fionnula Flanagan, Cole Hauser, Nick Chinlund, Paul Francis, Tom Skerritt, Eamonn Walker; Director: Antoine Fuqua; Author: Patrick Cirillo, Alex Lasker; Release Date Wide: 03/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!