In this military-rescue thriller set in the jungles of Nigeria, Bruce Willis, as a Navy SEAL, boasts a shaved head, an electronic earpiece, and an air of detached efficiency that combine to make him look a bit like GloboCop. Assigned to extract an American volunteer (Monica Bellucci) from the crisis zone, Willis leads a ragtag group of African refugees in an escape from Marxist rebels. Director Antoine Fuqua mimics the tangled forest mayhem of Vietnam films like ”Platoon,” but there’s not much distinction here between terror and kinesis – between the hell of war and the kick of war.
Genre: Drama, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Monica Bellucci, Bruce Willis, Malick Bowens, Fionnula Flanagan, Cole Hauser, Nick Chinlund, Paul Francis, Tom Skerritt, Eamonn Walker; Director: Antoine Fuqua; Author: Patrick Cirillo, Alex Lasker; Release Date Wide: 03/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'