In this military-rescue thriller set in the jungles of Nigeria, Bruce Willis, as a Navy SEAL, boasts a shaved head, an electronic earpiece, and an air of detached efficiency that combine to make him look a bit like GloboCop. Assigned to extract an American volunteer (Monica Bellucci) from the crisis zone, Willis leads a ragtag group of African refugees in an escape from Marxist rebels. Director Antoine Fuqua mimics the tangled forest mayhem of Vietnam films like ”Platoon,” but there’s not much distinction here between terror and kinesis – between the hell of war and the kick of war.
Genre: Drama, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Monica Bellucci, Bruce Willis, Malick Bowens, Fionnula Flanagan, Cole Hauser, Nick Chinlund, Paul Francis, Tom Skerritt, Eamonn Walker; Director: Antoine Fuqua; Author: Patrick Cirillo, Alex Lasker; Release Date Wide: 03/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC