In this military-rescue thriller set in the jungles of Nigeria, Bruce Willis, as a Navy SEAL, boasts a shaved head, an electronic earpiece, and an air of detached efficiency that combine to make him look a bit like GloboCop. Assigned to extract an American volunteer (Monica Bellucci) from the crisis zone, Willis leads a ragtag group of African refugees in an escape from Marxist rebels. Director Antoine Fuqua mimics the tangled forest mayhem of Vietnam films like ”Platoon,” but there’s not much distinction here between terror and kinesis – between the hell of war and the kick of war.
Genre: Drama, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Monica Bellucci, Bruce Willis, Malick Bowens, Fionnula Flanagan, Cole Hauser, Nick Chinlund, Paul Francis, Tom Skerritt, Eamonn Walker; Director: Antoine Fuqua; Author: Patrick Cirillo, Alex Lasker; Release Date Wide: 03/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool,' worshipping his daughter, and more
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos