In this military-rescue thriller set in the jungles of Nigeria, Bruce Willis, as a Navy SEAL, boasts a shaved head, an electronic earpiece, and an air of detached efficiency that combine to make him look a bit like GloboCop. Assigned to extract an American volunteer (Monica Bellucci) from the crisis zone, Willis leads a ragtag group of African refugees in an escape from Marxist rebels. Director Antoine Fuqua mimics the tangled forest mayhem of Vietnam films like ”Platoon,” but there’s not much distinction here between terror and kinesis – between the hell of war and the kick of war.
Genre: Drama, War, Action/Adventure; Starring: Monica Bellucci, Bruce Willis, Malick Bowens, Fionnula Flanagan, Cole Hauser, Nick Chinlund, Paul Francis, Tom Skerritt, Eamonn Walker; Director: Antoine Fuqua; Author: Patrick Cirillo, Alex Lasker; Release Date Wide: 03/07/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!