Once again superior to the material he’s given to work with, Rockwell leads a pratfall-prone troupe in a heist destined to go wrong. For a comedy in which sharp humor means a feeble sight gag involving a wheelchair, a rabbi outfit, and George Clooney – who produced the film with Steven Soderbergh – the most intriguing part is not finding out whether Rockwell’s nimrod squad can pull off their job, but seeing if they’ll generate even one laugh along the way.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Andrew Davoli, Michael Jeter, William H. Macy, Sam Rockwell, Isaiah Washington, George Clooney, Jennifer Esposito, Luis Guzman, Gabrielle Union; Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo; Author: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo; Producer (person): Steven Soderbergh; Release Date Limited: 10/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 84; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan's brutal kill scene recreated with Lego
- JoJo honors Selena with 'Dreaming of You' cover in hometown
- 'Supernatural': Ackles, Padalecki discuss the effects of Mary's choice
- 'Pitch' EP explains the heartbreaking reveal behind the premiere twist
- Bryan Cranston performs dramatic reading of 'Shout Out to My Ex'
- Stephen Colbert scolds Run the Jewels for suggestive new Halloween song
- Amy Schumer on 'Formation' video backlash: 'It was never a parody'