Once again superior to the material he’s given to work with, Rockwell leads a pratfall-prone troupe in a heist destined to go wrong. For a comedy in which sharp humor means a feeble sight gag involving a wheelchair, a rabbi outfit, and George Clooney – who produced the film with Steven Soderbergh – the most intriguing part is not finding out whether Rockwell’s nimrod squad can pull off their job, but seeing if they’ll generate even one laugh along the way.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Andrew Davoli, Michael Jeter, William H. Macy, Sam Rockwell, Isaiah Washington, George Clooney, Jennifer Esposito, Luis Guzman, Gabrielle Union; Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo; Author: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo; Producer (person): Steven Soderbergh; Release Date Limited: 10/04/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 84; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted March 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Power': Actress Lela Loren explains how wild scenes were shot
- Justin Timberlake is still doing the Carlton at golf tournaments
- 'The Magicians' season 2: See the premiere's first scene
- Comic-Con: See photos from the Harley Quinn costume contest
- 16 can't-miss Comic-Con Boomerangs from EW's Instagram account
- '24: Legacy' exists in same Jack Bauer universe
- 'Sherlock' Comic-Con panel reveals three key names to tease season 4