Once again superior to the material he’s given to work with, Rockwell leads a pratfall-prone troupe in a heist destined to go wrong. For a comedy in which sharp humor means a feeble sight gag involving a wheelchair, a rabbi outfit, and George Clooney – who produced the film with Steven Soderbergh – the most intriguing part is not finding out whether Rockwell’s nimrod squad can pull off their job, but seeing if they’ll generate even one laugh along the way.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Comedy; Starring: Andrew Davoli, Michael Jeter, William H. Macy, Sam Rockwell, Isaiah Washington, George Clooney, Jennifer Esposito, Luis Guzman, Gabrielle Union; Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo; Author: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo; Producer (person): Steven Soderbergh; Runtime (in minutes): 84; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!