No one was more surprised by ”Pianist” star Adrien Brody’s win than Brody himself, unless it was presenter Halle Berry, recipient of a big smooch from the Best Actor winner. ”I bet they didn’t tell you that was in the gift bag,” he quipped. ”There comes a time in life when everything seems to make sense, and this is not one of those times,” he added, launching into a lengthy, tearful speech that not even orchestra leader Bill Conti could cut short – Brody waved him off, Julia Roberts-style. The star of the Holocaust drama ended his speech by hoping for a peaceful resolution to the current war and a quick return home for a friend serving in Kuwait.
(Brody & Berry: John Lazar/LADN/WireImage.com)
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt