Barbra Streisand, the Broadway balladeer and pop craftswoman, seemed shocked that she was the one to deliver the Academy’s first-ever Best Original Song award to a hardcore rap tune, Eminem’s ”Lose Yourself” from ”8 Mile.” Fortunately for Babs, Slim didn’t show. It seemed so empty without him, but co-composer Luis Resto accepted the trophy, wearing a blazer over a basketball jersey that could also have earned him the Most Casually Dressed Award.
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop