Barbra Streisand, the Broadway balladeer and pop craftswoman, seemed shocked that she was the one to deliver the Academy’s first-ever Best Original Song award to a hardcore rap tune, Eminem’s ”Lose Yourself” from ”8 Mile.” Fortunately for Babs, Slim didn’t show. It seemed so empty without him, but co-composer Luis Resto accepted the trophy, wearing a blazer over a basketball jersey that could also have earned him the Most Casually Dressed Award.
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' wins top prizes at the Annie Awards
- Here's what critics are saying about 'Deadpool'
- Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' wins again as newcomers fumble
- John Legend, Sam Smith, and more celebs react to Beyonce's 'Formation'
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide
- Larry David promises disappointment in his 'SNL' monologue