Barbra Streisand, the Broadway balladeer and pop craftswoman, seemed shocked that she was the one to deliver the Academy’s first-ever Best Original Song award to a hardcore rap tune, Eminem’s ”Lose Yourself” from ”8 Mile.” Fortunately for Babs, Slim didn’t show. It seemed so empty without him, but co-composer Luis Resto accepted the trophy, wearing a blazer over a basketball jersey that could also have earned him the Most Casually Dressed Award.
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ava DuVernay responds to 'Gods of Egypt' casting apology
- Chrissy Teigen, more stars react to Planned Parenthood shooting
- 'Batman v Superman' star Henry Cavill adopts a bat named Ben
- James Wan shares new set photos from 'The Conjuring 2'
- See Benedict Cumberbatch imitate otters with Johnny Depp
- Liam Hemsworth reveals Chris Hemsworth paid off their parents' debts
- J.K. Rowling feared second 'Harry Potter' couldn't live up to the first