Barbra Streisand, the Broadway balladeer and pop craftswoman, seemed shocked that she was the one to deliver the Academy’s first-ever Best Original Song award to a hardcore rap tune, Eminem’s ”Lose Yourself” from ”8 Mile.” Fortunately for Babs, Slim didn’t show. It seemed so empty without him, but co-composer Luis Resto accepted the trophy, wearing a blazer over a basketball jersey that could also have earned him the Most Casually Dressed Award.
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Heartwarming doc 'Life, Animated' debuts new poster — exclusive
- X-Men show 'Legion' ordered to series at FX
- Daniel Radcliffe returns to the world of magic in 'Now You See Me 2'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' gets release date
- Kristen Bell opens up about struggles with depression
- 'Wayward Pines': Djimon Hounsou delivers a warning in exclusive clip
- David Letterman fact checks Steve Martin at Peabody Awards — exclusive
- See The Voices Behind Your Favorite 'Finding Nemo' Characters
- The Best 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' Jobs
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot