Before Kirk and Michael Douglas presented the Best Picture award, Spartacus joked that, even though his son Michael had two Oscars to his one, ”I’m still young.” After more clowning, Kirk finally opened the envelope and took out the card, only to rip it in half. Was he upset about the winner? No, he just wanted to share it with his son – and maybe his daughter-in-law, who starred in the winning picture, ”Chicago.”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!