Following in Halle Berry’s footsteps, Best Actress winner Nicole Kidman was so overcome with tears that she had to stop her speech to regain her composure. ”Russell Crowe said don’t cry if you get up there, and now I’m crying,” the ”Hours” star said. Part of her emotion came from her ambivalence about attending the Oscars ”when the world is in such turmoil,” and part from her lifelong desire, now fulfilled, ”to make my mother proud.”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden: Don't deep-fry a turkey today