Following in Halle Berry’s footsteps, Best Actress winner Nicole Kidman was so overcome with tears that she had to stop her speech to regain her composure. ”Russell Crowe said don’t cry if you get up there, and now I’m crying,” the ”Hours” star said. Part of her emotion came from her ambivalence about attending the Oscars ”when the world is in such turmoil,” and part from her lifelong desire, now fulfilled, ”to make my mother proud.”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game