Following in Halle Berry’s footsteps, Best Actress winner Nicole Kidman was so overcome with tears that she had to stop her speech to regain her composure. ”Russell Crowe said don’t cry if you get up there, and now I’m crying,” the ”Hours” star said. Part of her emotion came from her ambivalence about attending the Oscars ”when the world is in such turmoil,” and part from her lifelong desire, now fulfilled, ”to make my mother proud.”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Days of Our Lives' exclusive: 50th anniversary to feature a killer twist
- Cara Delevingne laughs off that awkward 'Paper Towns' interview on Instagram
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!