In an evening that spent a lot of time on 75th-anniversary nostalgia, two-time Oscar winner Olivia de Havilland was a class act. The 86-year-old ”Gone With the Wind” star, who looked smashing, made an oblique reference to the war – punctuated with a knowing look that telegraphed a lifetime’s worth of experience. Then she introduced a class-photo sequence with about 60 Oscar-winning actors posing stiffly on stage, from Luise Rainer (the 93-year old actress who won back-to-back Oscars in 1936 and ‘37) to the freshly minted winners from 2003.
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Billy Joel marries Alexis Roderick in surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!