Peter O’Toole, the 70-year-old ”Lawrence of Arabia” star, had been nominated for seven Oscars but had never won. When his honorary Oscar was announced a few weeks ago, he played coy over whether he’d show up to collect what may have looked like a consolation prize. But show he did, and delivered a brief, gracious, and witty speech that brought the crowd to its feet. As he put it, ”Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, my foot!”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Britney Spears recreates 'Oops' cover with kids
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!