Peter O’Toole, the 70-year-old ”Lawrence of Arabia” star, had been nominated for seven Oscars but had never won. When his honorary Oscar was announced a few weeks ago, he played coy over whether he’d show up to collect what may have looked like a consolation prize. But show he did, and delivered a brief, gracious, and witty speech that brought the crowd to its feet. As he put it, ”Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, my foot!”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday