Peter O’Toole, the 70-year-old ”Lawrence of Arabia” star, had been nominated for seven Oscars but had never won. When his honorary Oscar was announced a few weeks ago, he played coy over whether he’d show up to collect what may have looked like a consolation prize. But show he did, and delivered a brief, gracious, and witty speech that brought the crowd to its feet. As he put it, ”Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, my foot!”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?