Peter O’Toole, the 70-year-old ”Lawrence of Arabia” star, had been nominated for seven Oscars but had never won. When his honorary Oscar was announced a few weeks ago, he played coy over whether he’d show up to collect what may have looked like a consolation prize. But show he did, and delivered a brief, gracious, and witty speech that brought the crowd to its feet. As he put it, ”Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, my foot!”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Thrones' actor on new show: 'We don't need dragons. We got cocaine!'
- David Spade: 'Fameless' isn't mean-spirited — the contestants are too 'thirsty'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp': On the set of the prequel
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!