Peter O’Toole, the 70-year-old ”Lawrence of Arabia” star, had been nominated for seven Oscars but had never won. When his honorary Oscar was announced a few weeks ago, he played coy over whether he’d show up to collect what may have looked like a consolation prize. But show he did, and delivered a brief, gracious, and witty speech that brought the crowd to its feet. As he put it, ”Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, my foot!”
Posted March 24 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' uniform heading for auction
- Get lost in Hippo Campus' new tune 'The Halocline'
- Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift continued their VMAs love fest on Twitter
- Lena Dunham publishes first short story in newsletter's fiction issue
- Jewel moves forward by looking back on 'Picking Up The Pieces'
- Edgar Wright pays tribute to Wes Craven
- 'Concussion' trailer: Will Smith wants the NFL to tell the truth
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!