After learning of her father’s imminent death, 39-year-old Yumi ”Yummy” Fuller reluctantly returns to the Idaho potato-farm home she ran away from 25 years earlier – with three kids, no husband, and loads of emotional baggage in tow. At its heart the story of a woman fumbling toward reconciliation, Creation shines brightest when mining the deep-seated intricacies of family life. Ozeki’s follow-up to 1998’s My Year of Meats sprawls over 400-plus pages, delving into subjects ranging from D.C. journos and genetic crop engineering to Internet porn and Bible Belt fundamentalism. The plot can be obvious at times, but Ozeki deftly and sensitively folds the variegated topics together, whipping up a savory treat.
All Over Creation After learning of her father's imminent death, 39-year-old Yumi ''Yummy'' Fuller reluctantly returns to the Idaho potato-farm home she ran away from 25...All Over CreationFictionRuth L. Ozeki After learning of her father's imminent death, 39-year-old Yumi ''Yummy'' Fuller reluctantly returns to the Idaho potato-farm home she ran away from 25...2003-03-28
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ruth L. Ozeki
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!