Brian De Palma’s at it again with another loopy thriller, this time about a jewel thief (Romijn-Stamos) who double-crosses her accomplices, then assumes a new identity after encountering an identical look-alike. And that’s just the beginning. Stay tuned for the rich-diplomat husband, the prying paparazzo (Banderas), the faked kidnapping, and other slyly outlandish plot twists – most aimed at getting Romijn-Stamos out of her clothes. It’s too convoluted to be truly suspenseful and too silly to be taken seriously. But I couldn’t take my eyes off the voluptuous, er, camera work.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Rebecca Romijn, Peter Coyote, Eriq Ebouaney, Rie Rasmussen; Director: Brian De Palma; Author: Brian De Palma; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'