Contrary to its title, Jackass the Movie is hardly one at all. Though feature-length (barely), it’s essentially nothing more than a scattershot compilation of stunts and bad behavior either too ambitious or too disgusting for MTV. How scattershot? Consider Wee-Man’s abbreviated human-pinball routine, the context-free cameo by bewigged funnyman Rip Taylor, and the lack of any rousing climax. It’s still a hoot, though, and serves to reveal just how seriously these guys take their stupidity. Most folks already know where they stand regarding this kind of ”entertainment.” But as a graphic update of Benny Hill’s crotch-bopping follies, ”Jackass the (Sorta) Movie” had this reviewer cackling like a 12-year-old on nitrous.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Steve-O; Director: Jeff Tremaine; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters