Contrary to its title, Jackass the Movie is hardly one at all. Though feature-length (barely), it’s essentially nothing more than a scattershot compilation of stunts and bad behavior either too ambitious or too disgusting for MTV. How scattershot? Consider Wee-Man’s abbreviated human-pinball routine, the context-free cameo by bewigged funnyman Rip Taylor, and the lack of any rousing climax. It’s still a hoot, though, and serves to reveal just how seriously these guys take their stupidity. Most folks already know where they stand regarding this kind of ”entertainment.” But as a graphic update of Benny Hill’s crotch-bopping follies, ”Jackass the (Sorta) Movie” had this reviewer cackling like a 12-year-old on nitrous.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Steve-O; Director: Jeff Tremaine; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!