Contrary to its title, Jackass the Movie is hardly one at all. Though feature-length (barely), it’s essentially nothing more than a scattershot compilation of stunts and bad behavior either too ambitious or too disgusting for MTV. How scattershot? Consider Wee-Man’s abbreviated human-pinball routine, the context-free cameo by bewigged funnyman Rip Taylor, and the lack of any rousing climax. It’s still a hoot, though, and serves to reveal just how seriously these guys take their stupidity. Most folks already know where they stand regarding this kind of ”entertainment.” But as a graphic update of Benny Hill’s crotch-bopping follies, ”Jackass the (Sorta) Movie” had this reviewer cackling like a 12-year-old on nitrous.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Steve-O; Director: Jeff Tremaine; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- How Walk the Moon scored a summer pop hit in 'Shut Up and Dance'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Jason Segel's new book
- Archie Panjabi reacts to Kalinda and Alicia's final 'Good Wife' scene
- Sam Shepard arrested on drunk driving charges
- See Ransom Riggs' cover for 'Library of Souls' -- EXCLUSIVE
- Joni Mitchell discusses fame in unearthed 1986 interview
- Rare, uncorrected 'The Bell Jar' proof up for auction
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!