Contrary to its title, Jackass the Movie is hardly one at all. Though feature-length (barely), it’s essentially nothing more than a scattershot compilation of stunts and bad behavior either too ambitious or too disgusting for MTV. How scattershot? Consider Wee-Man’s abbreviated human-pinball routine, the context-free cameo by bewigged funnyman Rip Taylor, and the lack of any rousing climax. It’s still a hoot, though, and serves to reveal just how seriously these guys take their stupidity. Most folks already know where they stand regarding this kind of ”entertainment.” But as a graphic update of Benny Hill’s crotch-bopping follies, ”Jackass the (Sorta) Movie” had this reviewer cackling like a 12-year-old on nitrous.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Steve-O; Director: Jeff Tremaine; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 7 first-listen highlights from Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo'
- See Justin Timberlake dance 'The Carlton' with Alfonso Ribeiro
- 'Ghostbusters' teaser shows first footage, announces trailer date
- See Jennifer Lawrence rock out at Adele's Los Angeles concert
- Ryan Reynolds helps young 'Deadpool' fan battling cancer
- See Leslie Jones describe her perfect man on 'SNL'
- 'Spotlight,' 'Mad Men,' 'The Big Short' win big at WGA Awards