Contrary to its title, Jackass the Movie is hardly one at all. Though feature-length (barely), it’s essentially nothing more than a scattershot compilation of stunts and bad behavior either too ambitious or too disgusting for MTV. How scattershot? Consider Wee-Man’s abbreviated human-pinball routine, the context-free cameo by bewigged funnyman Rip Taylor, and the lack of any rousing climax. It’s still a hoot, though, and serves to reveal just how seriously these guys take their stupidity. Most folks already know where they stand regarding this kind of ”entertainment.” But as a graphic update of Benny Hill’s crotch-bopping follies, ”Jackass the (Sorta) Movie” had this reviewer cackling like a 12-year-old on nitrous.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Steve-O; Director: Jeff Tremaine; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!