Contrary to its title, Jackass the Movie is hardly one at all. Though feature-length (barely), it’s essentially nothing more than a scattershot compilation of stunts and bad behavior either too ambitious or too disgusting for MTV. How scattershot? Consider Wee-Man’s abbreviated human-pinball routine, the context-free cameo by bewigged funnyman Rip Taylor, and the lack of any rousing climax. It’s still a hoot, though, and serves to reveal just how seriously these guys take their stupidity. Most folks already know where they stand regarding this kind of ”entertainment.” But as a graphic update of Benny Hill’s crotch-bopping follies, ”Jackass the (Sorta) Movie” had this reviewer cackling like a 12-year-old on nitrous.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Ryan Dunn, Bam Margera, Chris Pontius, Steve-O; Director: Jeff Tremaine; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Caraoke Showdown' upgraded to 10 episodes
- TBS apologizes to Hillary Clinton for hyena video
- 'Blindspot' pits Jane vs Weller in deleted season 1 scene — exclusive
- Lennie James joins 'Blade Runner' sequel
- Beyoncé thought Denis Leary was Bryan Adams: 'Beyoncé makes the call'
- Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Watch the new trailer for 'Office Christmas Party'