We’ll give director Wayne Wang this much: Turning Fiennes into a bore of a Republican statesman is an original idea. But the actor, who’s clearly trying to break free of the tortured types he plays so well, deserves better than a limp, opposites-attract fairy tale that pairs him with single mama/hotel maid Lopez – a match with about as much chemistry as Bill the Butcher and Miss Piggy. There’s a sweet movie in here somewhere, but it’s lost in a maelstrom of miscasting.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ralph Fiennes, Jennifer Lopez, Bob Hoskins, Natasha Richardson, Stanley Tucci; Director: Wayne Wang; Author: John Hughes; Producer (person): Julia Roberts; Release Date Wide: 12/13/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!