We’ll give director Wayne Wang this much: Turning Fiennes into a bore of a Republican statesman is an original idea. But the actor, who’s clearly trying to break free of the tortured types he plays so well, deserves better than a limp, opposites-attract fairy tale that pairs him with single mama/hotel maid Lopez – a match with about as much chemistry as Bill the Butcher and Miss Piggy. There’s a sweet movie in here somewhere, but it’s lost in a maelstrom of miscasting.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ralph Fiennes, Jennifer Lopez, Bob Hoskins, Natasha Richardson, Stanley Tucci; Director: Wayne Wang; Author: John Hughes; Producer (person): Julia Roberts; Release Date Wide: 12/13/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt