Is it just us, or has Renee Zellweger been using her moment in the Oscar-nominee spotlight to vamp it up for her next big role? Her agent denies it, but reports claim that the Chicago star is in talks to play the original platinum pinup, Marilyn Monroe, in a planned biopic of the photographer who launched the bombshell’s career. Judging by a few of Zellweger’s recent red-carpet appearances – not to mention that breathy voice of hers – she certainly seems determined to show us that gentlemen prefer this blonde.
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!