In this kaleidoscopic grungefest, a group of pretty young crystal-meth junkies bounce off one another like pinballs. The director, Jonas Akerlund, uses stroboscopic cuts, shock sound, and triple-X animated imagery to put us inside the experience of a crank high. Akerlund has an instinct for dirtbag theatrics. Spun is accomplished, but it’s also numbing. The cast, slumming for cred, includes Jason Schwartzman, Mena Suvari, and Mickey Rourke, who reigns over the film because he’s the one freak on hand who isn’t faking his freakishness.
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke, Jason Schwartzman, Mena Suvari, Patrick Fugit, Deborah Harry, Ron Jeremy, Eric Roberts, Peter Stormare; Director: Jonas Akerlund; Author: Will De Los Santos, Creighton Vero; Release Date Limited: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: New Market
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ann Coulter slammed at Rob Lowe roast for conservative views
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good