In this kaleidoscopic grungefest, a group of pretty young crystal-meth junkies bounce off one another like pinballs. The director, Jonas Akerlund, uses stroboscopic cuts, shock sound, and triple-X animated imagery to put us inside the experience of a crank high. Akerlund has an instinct for dirtbag theatrics. Spun is accomplished, but it’s also numbing. The cast, slumming for cred, includes Jason Schwartzman, Mena Suvari, and Mickey Rourke, who reigns over the film because he’s the one freak on hand who isn’t faking his freakishness.
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke, Jason Schwartzman, Mena Suvari, Patrick Fugit, Deborah Harry, Ron Jeremy, Eric Roberts, Peter Stormare; Director: Jonas Akerlund; Author: Will De Los Santos, Creighton Vero; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: New Market
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy