As Willard Stiles, a moistly quivering loser who makes friends with the rats in his basement because they’re the only creatures around who don’t threaten his self-esteem, Crispin Glover builds each scene to an elegant crescendo of fear and loathing and operatic hysteria. The new version, like the 1971 hit, is a fairly ham-handed horror fable, but you don’t go to a movie like this one for subtlety. You go to be skeeved out by rats, rats, and more rats, and Willard does a fairly rat-tastic job of it.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!