As Willard Stiles, a moistly quivering loser who makes friends with the rats in his basement because they’re the only creatures around who don’t threaten his self-esteem, Crispin Glover builds each scene to an elegant crescendo of fear and loathing and operatic hysteria. The new version, like the 1971 hit, is a fairly ham-handed horror fable, but you don’t go to a movie like this one for subtlety. You go to be skeeved out by rats, rats, and more rats, and Willard does a fairly rat-tastic job of it.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels