As Willard Stiles, a moistly quivering loser who makes friends with the rats in his basement because they’re the only creatures around who don’t threaten his self-esteem, Crispin Glover builds each scene to an elegant crescendo of fear and loathing and operatic hysteria. The new version, like the 1971 hit, is a fairly ham-handed horror fable, but you don’t go to a movie like this one for subtlety. You go to be skeeved out by rats, rats, and more rats, and Willard does a fairly rat-tastic job of it.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers