As Willard Stiles, a moistly quivering loser who makes friends with the rats in his basement because they’re the only creatures around who don’t threaten his self-esteem, Crispin Glover builds each scene to an elegant crescendo of fear and loathing and operatic hysteria. The new version, like the 1971 hit, is a fairly ham-handed horror fable, but you don’t go to a movie like this one for subtlety. You go to be skeeved out by rats, rats, and more rats, and Willard does a fairly rat-tastic job of it.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Crispin Glover, Laura Elena Harring, Jackie Burroughs, R. Lee Ermey, Kristen Cloke, David Parker; Director: Glen Morgan; Author: Glen Morgan, James Wong; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted March 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!