One Step Forward, the bewitching follow-up to Les Nubians’ acclaimed debut, finds the Parisian sisters taking their unique ”Afropean” sound to the next level. Alternating between French and English, they sing intricate harmonies that sound like an updated version of Sade’s seductive soul mixed with the jazz-pop stylings of Swing Out Sister. Tracks such as the sweeping, pan-African-inspired ”La Guerre” and the infectious ”Temperature Rising,” featuring Talib Kweli, make this a worthy addition to any neo-soul set.
One Step ForwardOne Step Forward, the bewitching follow-up to Les Nubians' acclaimed debut, finds the Parisian sisters taking their unique ''Afropean'' sound to...One Step ForwardOne Step Forward, the bewitching follow-up to Les Nubians' acclaimed debut, finds the Parisian sisters taking their unique ''Afropean'' sound to...2003-03-31
Producer (group): Higher Octave
Posted March 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!