Talk about cashing in: Identical-twin actor-filmmakers Mark and Michael Polish (”Twin Falls Idaho”), who portray casino workers opposite Nick Nolte in the heist flick ”The Good Thief” (opening April 2), used that connection to wrangle the actor for a role in ”Northfork,” their upcoming low-budget absurdist drama. ?We became good allies because of our view of indie film,? says Mark, ?and Nick asked if there was a part for him.? Mark promptly cast him as a priest who aids a dying boy, but there was one problem: Nolte was committed to Ang Lee?s ”Hulk.” ?Thanks to that monster movie and our conflicting schedules, trying to get him was tough,? Mark says. ?We eventually made our deal on a napkin, and it got to the point where his assistant was faxing me Nick?s [wardrobe] sizes from the ‘Hulk’ set.? There shouldn?t be as many snags on the Polishes? next project: the sci-fi flick ”ID,” which they hope to make this fall for Warner Bros.
(Nick Nolte: George Pimentel/WireImage.com)
Posted April 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Gerard Butler brings 'depth and heart' to 'The Headhunter’s Calling'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...