Talk about cashing in: Identical-twin actor-filmmakers Mark and Michael Polish (”Twin Falls Idaho”), who portray casino workers opposite Nick Nolte in the heist flick ”The Good Thief” (opening April 2), used that connection to wrangle the actor for a role in ”Northfork,” their upcoming low-budget absurdist drama. ?We became good allies because of our view of indie film,? says Mark, ?and Nick asked if there was a part for him.? Mark promptly cast him as a priest who aids a dying boy, but there was one problem: Nolte was committed to Ang Lee?s ”Hulk.” ?Thanks to that monster movie and our conflicting schedules, trying to get him was tough,? Mark says. ?We eventually made our deal on a napkin, and it got to the point where his assistant was faxing me Nick?s [wardrobe] sizes from the ‘Hulk’ set.? There shouldn?t be as many snags on the Polishes? next project: the sci-fi flick ”ID,” which they hope to make this fall for Warner Bros.
(Nick Nolte: George Pimentel/WireImage.com)
Posted April 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tilda Swinton in talks for 'Doctor Strange'
- Jesse Plemons, Domhnall Gleeson join Tom Cruise for 'Mena'
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ stage show will haunt Disney World this Halloween
- Young Thug wants to call his next mixtape 'Carter V'
- Former Girls frontman Christopher Owens drops new album
- 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer shows Bobby Fischer's greatest struggles
- Mariah and me(?!) on stage in Las Vegas: Tweet dreams are made of this...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!