Talk about cashing in: Identical-twin actor-filmmakers Mark and Michael Polish (”Twin Falls Idaho”), who portray casino workers opposite Nick Nolte in the heist flick ”The Good Thief” (opening April 2), used that connection to wrangle the actor for a role in ”Northfork,” their upcoming low-budget absurdist drama. ?We became good allies because of our view of indie film,? says Mark, ?and Nick asked if there was a part for him.? Mark promptly cast him as a priest who aids a dying boy, but there was one problem: Nolte was committed to Ang Lee?s ”Hulk.” ?Thanks to that monster movie and our conflicting schedules, trying to get him was tough,? Mark says. ?We eventually made our deal on a napkin, and it got to the point where his assistant was faxing me Nick?s [wardrobe] sizes from the ‘Hulk’ set.? There shouldn?t be as many snags on the Polishes? next project: the sci-fi flick ”ID,” which they hope to make this fall for Warner Bros.
(Nick Nolte: George Pimentel/WireImage.com)
Posted April 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lil Wayne debuts his 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, more celebs spend July 4 on Instagram, Twitter
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!