Kid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now – brace yourself – it’s here: country-rap. The self-described ”city kid in a different world” melds record-scratching and fingerpicking, shout-outs to bling-bling and Kenny Chesney, and allusions to thuggin’ and cow tippin’. Ultimately, it’s the references to booty and beer chugging that clue us in to the song’s audience, the two genres’ lowest common denominator: rowdy buffoons.
Country Girl (Music single - DF DUB)Kid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now -- brace yourself -- it's here: country-rap. The self-described ''city kid in a different world...Country Girl (Music single - DF DUB)SinglesKid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now -- brace yourself -- it's here: country-rap. The self-described ''city kid in a different world...2003-04-04
Genre: Singles; Lead Performer: Df Dub
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Penny Dreadful': Josh Hartnett on his chemistry with Eva Green
- Bill Maher compares Donald Trump to Andrew Dice Clay on 'Real Time'
- Jessica Williams & Stephen Colbert: Cap'n Crunch vs. Morton Salt girl
- Jimmy Fallon, Paul Rudd recreate Styx's 'Too Much Time On My Hands'
- WATCH: Geena Davis recalls getting really drunk for 'Thelma & Louise'
- Garry Marshall’s 5 rules for making a rom-com
- 'Guilt': Watch the first trailer for Freeform's steamy new drama
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch