Kid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now – brace yourself – it’s here: country-rap. The self-described ”city kid in a different world” melds record-scratching and fingerpicking, shout-outs to bling-bling and Kenny Chesney, and allusions to thuggin’ and cow tippin’. Ultimately, it’s the references to booty and beer chugging that clue us in to the song’s audience, the two genres’ lowest common denominator: rowdy buffoons.
Country Girl (Music single - DF DUB)Kid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now -- brace yourself -- it's here: country-rap. The self-described ''city kid in a different world...Country Girl (Music single - DF DUB)SinglesKid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now -- brace yourself -- it's here: country-rap. The self-described ''city kid in a different world...2003-04-04
Genre: Singles; Lead Performer: Df Dub
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels