Kid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now – brace yourself – it’s here: country-rap. The self-described ”city kid in a different world” melds record-scratching and fingerpicking, shout-outs to bling-bling and Kenny Chesney, and allusions to thuggin’ and cow tippin’. Ultimately, it’s the references to booty and beer chugging that clue us in to the song’s audience, the two genres’ lowest common denominator: rowdy buffoons.
Country Girl (Music single - DF DUB)Kid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now -- brace yourself -- it's here: country-rap. The self-described ''city kid in a different world...Country Girl (Music single - DF DUB)SinglesKid Rock dabbled in it. Nappy Roots hinted at it. And now -- brace yourself -- it's here: country-rap. The self-described ''city kid in a different world...2003-04-04
Genre: Singles; Lead Performer: Df Dub
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hulk Hogan breaks silence on racist rant, asks for forgiveness
- See a snippet of Queen Latifah's 19-year-old 'Bessie' screen test
- How Todrick Hall hopes to inspire others through his new show, 'Todrick'
- Here's how Jaden Smith reacted to Kanye's VMAs speech
- Jeff Probst reveals the players he's surprised got voted into 'Survivor'
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' uniform heading for auction
- Get lost in Hippo Campus' new tune 'The Halocline'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!