The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations – a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there – and he unleashes them with appealing energy. But it doesn’t save this bombastic show – which can vary from night to night – from aching unhipness, nor does it excuse his dated cultural references (Bud’s ”Whassuupp” ads, Tae-Bo, Baha Men). Gans could also lose the show’s finale: a god-awful Creed cover and subsequent I-found-Jesus-and-you-can-too! proto-sermon. Still, considering that he’s one of the Strip’s most popular performers, he must be doing something right, so we’ll play nice and give him a C+. (Mirage, 800-963-9634)
Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...2003-04-04
Starring: Danny Gans
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- Barbarossa wanders the woods in video for sparse 'Imager'
- Kristen Schaal plays Natalie Imbruglia in Mikal Cronin's 'Turn Around' video
- Disney 'will one day' make another 'Indiana Jones' movie
- The 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck' scene you weren't supposed to see
- Get to know Nashville's most promising outlaw
- Weird Al talks about his worst costume and that time he fell through a stage
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!