The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations – a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there – and he unleashes them with appealing energy. But it doesn’t save this bombastic show – which can vary from night to night – from aching unhipness, nor does it excuse his dated cultural references (Bud’s ”Whassuupp” ads, Tae-Bo, Baha Men). Gans could also lose the show’s finale: a god-awful Creed cover and subsequent I-found-Jesus-and-you-can-too! proto-sermon. Still, considering that he’s one of the Strip’s most popular performers, he must be doing something right, so we’ll play nice and give him a C+. (Mirage, 800-963-9634)
Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...2003-04-04
Starring: Danny Gans
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!