The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations – a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there – and he unleashes them with appealing energy. But it doesn’t save this bombastic show – which can vary from night to night – from aching unhipness, nor does it excuse his dated cultural references (Bud’s ”Whassuupp” ads, Tae-Bo, Baha Men). Gans could also lose the show’s finale: a god-awful Creed cover and subsequent I-found-Jesus-and-you-can-too! proto-sermon. Still, considering that he’s one of the Strip’s most popular performers, he must be doing something right, so we’ll play nice and give him a C+. (Mirage, 800-963-9634)
Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...2003-04-04
Starring: Danny Gans
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Off-color Josh Duggar joke from 2008 about siblings dating resurfaces
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- 'Gilmore Girls' movie? Scott Patterson hints at 'some activity'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!