The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations – a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there – and he unleashes them with appealing energy. But it doesn’t save this bombastic show – which can vary from night to night – from aching unhipness, nor does it excuse his dated cultural references (Bud’s ”Whassuupp” ads, Tae-Bo, Baha Men). Gans could also lose the show’s finale: a god-awful Creed cover and subsequent I-found-Jesus-and-you-can-too! proto-sermon. Still, considering that he’s one of the Strip’s most popular performers, he must be doing something right, so we’ll play nice and give him a C+. (Mirage, 800-963-9634)
Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...Danny Gans The chipper, clean-cut Gans has a deep arsenal of spot-on impersonations -- a smarmy Tom Jones here, a nonsensical Anita Baker there -- and he...2003-04-04
Starring: Danny Gans
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Joss Stone shares video for 'The Answer,' dishes about new album
- Lionsgate to produce 'Monopoly' movie, 'Truman Show' writer penning script
- Roselyn Sanchez says husband helped her dump Trump
- Check out Audien's Lady Antebellum collaboration 'Something Better'
- Joe Manganiello on how his mini-mart stripping masterpiece in 'Magic Mike XXL' came to be
- See the full trailer for Danny Boyle & Aaron Sorkin's 'Steve Jobs'
- J Balvin reacts to Trump fallout: Latinos are 'asking to be respected'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!