What fills some 600 Stephen King-size pages is too much and too messy in this unintelligible adaptation of King’s 2001 novel about government conspiracy, boyhood friendship, and – especially – an alien worm that emerges from the anus of its human carrier in a sploosh of funny-gory goo. Morgan Freeman plays a bonkers, alien-chasing colonel; Donny Wahlberg plays a guy brain-damaged to look at, supernaturally gifted to know. The extraterrestrial, opportunistic tush parasite is played by a whole lot of F/X specialists wriggling as a team.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Morgan Freeman, Thomas Jane, Jason Lee, Damien Lewis, Timothy Olyphant, Tom Sizemore, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: Lawrence Kasdan; Author: William Goldman; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 134; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'Empire' is TV's hottest new hit. So how does it stay on top?
- Jay Z on epic Tidal rlaunch: 'We're in this for the right reasons'
- Marilynne Robinson expanding Gilead trilogy: 'People should be prepared to say 'quartet''
- Our perfect 'The Wiz' cast features Broadway stars and Crazy Eyes
- Rolling Stones to tour U.S., reissue 'Sticky Fingers'
- See Martha Stewart, Ron Burgundy and more show up to Justin Bieber roast
- Justified: Watch Raylan's 10 all-time best showdowns
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!