What fills some 600 Stephen King-size pages is too much and too messy in this unintelligible adaptation of King’s 2001 novel about government conspiracy, boyhood friendship, and – especially – an alien worm that emerges from the anus of its human carrier in a sploosh of funny-gory goo. Morgan Freeman plays a bonkers, alien-chasing colonel; Donny Wahlberg plays a guy brain-damaged to look at, supernaturally gifted to know. The extraterrestrial, opportunistic tush parasite is played by a whole lot of F/X specialists wriggling as a team.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Morgan Freeman, Thomas Jane, Jason Lee, Damien Lewis, Timothy Olyphant, Tom Sizemore, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: Lawrence Kasdan; Author: William Goldman; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 134; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reveals how his son helped shape a challenge
- Paul Walker's father sues Porsche for wrongful death, negligence
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' dishes out two more brutal blindsides
- See Drake introduce the Raptors on Drake Night
- Elmo Williams, Oscar-winning editor of 'High Noon,' dies at 102
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year