What fills some 600 Stephen King-size pages is too much and too messy in this unintelligible adaptation of King’s 2001 novel about government conspiracy, boyhood friendship, and – especially – an alien worm that emerges from the anus of its human carrier in a sploosh of funny-gory goo. Morgan Freeman plays a bonkers, alien-chasing colonel; Donny Wahlberg plays a guy brain-damaged to look at, supernaturally gifted to know. The extraterrestrial, opportunistic tush parasite is played by a whole lot of F/X specialists wriggling as a team.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Morgan Freeman, Thomas Jane, Jason Lee, Damien Lewis, Timothy Olyphant, Tom Sizemore, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: Lawrence Kasdan; Author: William Goldman; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 134; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member