What fills some 600 Stephen King-size pages is too much and too messy in this unintelligible adaptation of King’s 2001 novel about government conspiracy, boyhood friendship, and – especially – an alien worm that emerges from the anus of its human carrier in a sploosh of funny-gory goo. Morgan Freeman plays a bonkers, alien-chasing colonel; Donny Wahlberg plays a guy brain-damaged to look at, supernaturally gifted to know. The extraterrestrial, opportunistic tush parasite is played by a whole lot of F/X specialists wriggling as a team.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Morgan Freeman, Thomas Jane, Jason Lee, Damien Lewis, Timothy Olyphant, Tom Sizemore, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: Lawrence Kasdan; Author: William Goldman; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 134; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'