What fills some 600 Stephen King-size pages is too much and too messy in this unintelligible adaptation of King’s 2001 novel about government conspiracy, boyhood friendship, and – especially – an alien worm that emerges from the anus of its human carrier in a sploosh of funny-gory goo. Morgan Freeman plays a bonkers, alien-chasing colonel; Donny Wahlberg plays a guy brain-damaged to look at, supernaturally gifted to know. The extraterrestrial, opportunistic tush parasite is played by a whole lot of F/X specialists wriggling as a team.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Morgan Freeman, Thomas Jane, Jason Lee, Damien Lewis, Timothy Olyphant, Tom Sizemore, Donnie Wahlberg; Director: Lawrence Kasdan; Author: William Goldman; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 134; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Leonard Nimoy's son launches Kickstarter supporting 'For the Love of Spock' documentary
- Check out Sloane Crosley's trippy animation for 'The Clasp' covers
- A$AP Rocky is basically the biggest artist in the world this week
- 'Jane the Virgin' star Jaime Camil strips down for Emmy campaign
- Jonathan Jackson, Nathan Parsons returning to 'General Hospital'
- Fox News: Two of Josh Duggar's sisters to talk with Megyn Kelly
- Sky Ferreira teases new single 'Guardian': listen