Byrne’s captain leads a salty crew of salvage hunters on board the Antonia Graza, a luxury liner missing since 1962, and after a series of ”scary” incidents (many taken almost jolt for jolt from the same producers’ House on Haunted Hill), including the requisite talking ghosts and self-locking doors, the group realizes why no one has since claimed it. The eye-candy opener – a picturesque glimpse of a glamorous evening on the Italian cruise ship turned bad – is just enough to suck you in, and the atmospheric eeriness may keep you around long enough to discover where all the cliches will finally dock.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Gabriel Byrne, Julianna Margulies, Ron Eldard, Desmond Harrington, Isaiah Washington; Director: Steve Beck; Author: Mark Hanlon; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ron Howard turned down directing 'The Phantom Menace'
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 4, 'Revelations'
- See Adele perform 'Million Years Ago' on 'Today'
- Eagles of Death Metal's touring drummer shares statement about Paris attack
- 'Star Wars Battlefront's Battle of Jakku DLC introducing new game mode, maps
- President Obama got 'all verklempt' while thinking about Barbra Streisand's advocacy
- Jennifer Lawrence has plans to direct her first movie
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the 'Star Wars' Obsessive