Byrne’s captain leads a salty crew of salvage hunters on board the Antonia Graza, a luxury liner missing since 1962, and after a series of ”scary” incidents (many taken almost jolt for jolt from the same producers’ House on Haunted Hill), including the requisite talking ghosts and self-locking doors, the group realizes why no one has since claimed it. The eye-candy opener – a picturesque glimpse of a glamorous evening on the Italian cruise ship turned bad – is just enough to suck you in, and the atmospheric eeriness may keep you around long enough to discover where all the cliches will finally dock.
Genre: Horror; Starring: Gabriel Byrne, Julianna Margulies, Ron Eldard, Desmond Harrington, Isaiah Washington; Director: Steve Beck; Author: Mark Hanlon; Release Date Wide: 10/25/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!