”Vegas won’t change us,” these two claim on billboards leading into town, positioning themselves as the anti-Siegfried & Roy. Penn’s mile-a-minute patter takes aim at two favorite targets: fellow magicians and supposedly irrational beliefs (he even mocks the idea of a human soul – something merely implicit in most other Vegas shows). Perhaps they revel too much in being bad boys, but there is something still unmatched about a magic act relying less on shock and awe than on alternation between nonstop blowhard articulation and some beautiful, if morbid, vignettes that are virtual silent movies. The only letdown is the climactic bullet routine, which – due to its lengthy setup and prior TV exposure – ends the show with a literal but not quite figurative bang. (Rio, 888-746-7784)
Penn & Teller ''Vegas won't change us,'' these two claim on billboards leading into town, positioning themselves as the anti-Siegfried & Roy. Penn's mile-a-minute...Penn & Teller ''Vegas won't change us,'' these two claim on billboards leading into town, positioning themselves as the anti-Siegfried & Roy. Penn's mile-a-minute...2003-04-04
Starring: Penn & Teller
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!