Despite its title, Julio Medem’s tumescent drama is not a lighthearted art-house boinkalogue, but rather Spain’s contribution to the Continent’s boy-meets-girl-and-someone-goes-insane subgenre. The boy here is Lorenzo (Ulloa), a tortured novelist whose sudden death sends his devastated girlfriend (Vega) to a mysterious Mediterranean island on a journey of discovery about herself and her doomed lover. Fortunately, the mangled, flashback-driven tale that follows is kept watchable by the incandescent Vega, who shimmers in a courageous, star-making performance.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Elena Anaya, Javier Camara, Paz Vega, Najwa Nimri, Tristan Ulloa; Director: Julio Medem; Author: Julio Medem; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Palm
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters