Despite its title, Julio Medem’s tumescent drama is not a lighthearted art-house boinkalogue, but rather Spain’s contribution to the Continent’s boy-meets-girl-and-someone-goes-insane subgenre. The boy here is Lorenzo (Ulloa), a tortured novelist whose sudden death sends his devastated girlfriend (Vega) to a mysterious Mediterranean island on a journey of discovery about herself and her doomed lover. Fortunately, the mangled, flashback-driven tale that follows is kept watchable by the incandescent Vega, who shimmers in a courageous, star-making performance.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Elena Anaya, Javier Camara, Paz Vega, Najwa Nimri, Tristan Ulloa; Director: Julio Medem; Author: Julio Medem; Release Date Limited: 06/12/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 122; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Palm
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Proof Kanye West & Donald Trump have a lot in common
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!