Repressing a Roxie Hart fantasy? With ”All That Jazz” still ringing in our ears since Chicago’s big Oscar grab, now’s the time for wanton wannabes to rouge their knees and roll their stockings down at the Doral Eaglewood Resort & Spa just outside… Chicago. The Doral’s Vamp Camp is enticing sassy sirens – and otherwise-subdued ladies – to indulge in Fosse-style dance lessons and trick-shot pool tutorials. ”The calls have been coming fast and furious since right before the Academy Awards,” says Tim Foley, the resort’s general manager. The spa weekend package – starting at $279 for two – comes with such vixen fixin’s as keepsake fishnet stockings, martini vouchers, Drag Out of Bed in-room breakfasts, and Roaring Red manicures. Drop Dead Gorgeous makeovers and Hot Honey ”Cellophane” body wraps cost extra. But maybe they’ll throw them in for free – if you’re good to Mama.
Posted April 4 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch the first 8 minutes of Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha'
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language