The world’s molten core has stopped spinning! The planet will be thrown into electromagnetic turmoil unless Aaron Eckhart, as a sexy professor with unwashed hair, leads a team of physicists and space-shuttle pilots in a journey to the center of the earth, where they must set off a series of nukes to get that hot and gooey global center on its axis again. The Core feels like the sort of thing you might have caught on TV during a rainy Saturday afternoon in the late ’60s. It’s a schlockier Armageddon crossed with Fantastic Voyage, minus the fun.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, Bruce Greenwood, Delroy Lindo, D.J. Qualls, Tcheky Karyo, Stanley Tucci, Alfre Woodard; Director: Jon Amiel; Author: Sean Bailey, Cooper Layne, Mark Medoff, John Rogers; Producer (group): Paramount Pictures; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Edward Snowden appearing live via satellite for 'Snowden' screening
- Joe Biden compares U.S. foreign policy to 'Ghostbusters'
- Construction worker dies in 'Blade Runner' sequel set accident
- Jimmy Kimmel address Hillary Clinton pickle jar conspiracy
- Retta wears Donna's wedding dress in 'Parks and Rec' flashback photo
- 5 things to know about Lynda Carter, a real-life Wonder Woman