The world’s molten core has stopped spinning! The planet will be thrown into electromagnetic turmoil unless Aaron Eckhart, as a sexy professor with unwashed hair, leads a team of physicists and space-shuttle pilots in a journey to the center of the earth, where they must set off a series of nukes to get that hot and gooey global center on its axis again. The Core feels like the sort of thing you might have caught on TV during a rainy Saturday afternoon in the late ’60s. It’s a schlockier Armageddon crossed with Fantastic Voyage, minus the fun.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, Bruce Greenwood, Delroy Lindo, D.J. Qualls, Tcheky Karyo, Stanley Tucci, Alfre Woodard; Director: Jon Amiel; Author: Sean Bailey, Cooper Layne, Mark Medoff, John Rogers; Producer (group): Paramount Pictures; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'