The world’s molten core has stopped spinning! The planet will be thrown into electromagnetic turmoil unless Aaron Eckhart, as a sexy professor with unwashed hair, leads a team of physicists and space-shuttle pilots in a journey to the center of the earth, where they must set off a series of nukes to get that hot and gooey global center on its axis again. The Core feels like the sort of thing you might have caught on TV during a rainy Saturday afternoon in the late ’60s. It’s a schlockier Armageddon crossed with Fantastic Voyage, minus the fun.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, Bruce Greenwood, Delroy Lindo, D.J. Qualls, Tcheky Karyo, Stanley Tucci, Alfre Woodard; Director: Jon Amiel; Author: Sean Bailey, Cooper Layne, Mark Medoff, John Rogers; Producer (group): Paramount Pictures; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'OUAT,' 'Grey's' and more
- Harry Styles chops off his hair for charity
- 'Elementary' finale sneak peek: Sherlock vs Moriarty's group!
- Adele helps couple get engaged and offers to be their surrogate
- Ashley Tisdale is a call girl in 'Amateur Night' trailer
- 6 things we learned at 'Being Meryl Streep' event in New York
- How Spider-Man became the MVP of 'Captain America: Civil War'