Backroom power brokers pick small-potato D.C. alderman Mays Gilliam (Chris Rock) as their last-minute presidential candidate so they can bank easy minority loyalty for a future election while losing this one. This loose, canny, improv-ish comedy does right by director-cowriter-star Rock, who dares to envision an America ready to vote for a black man, at least on screen. It’s a start. With Bernie Mac and Robin Givens.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bernie Mac, Chris Rock, Dylan Baker, Robin Givens, Tamala Jones, Tracy Morgan, Nate Dogg, James Rebhorn, Nick Searcy, Lynn Whitfield; Director: Chris Rock; Author: Ali LeRoi, Chris Rock; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Walking Dead' actor to guest on Fox's 'Minority Report'
- Hulk Hogan: The N-word was part of my 'daily environment' growing up
- Eddie Redmayne hopes 'Fantastic Beasts' will be 'quite a ride'
- New 'Sicario' clip ratchets up the tension for Emily Blunt
- Hulu launches ad-free subscription model
- Donald Trump weighs in on Kanye's presidential candidacy announcement
- See the funny, scary opening credits for 'Scream Queens'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!