Backroom power brokers pick small-potato D.C. alderman Mays Gilliam (Chris Rock) as their last-minute presidential candidate so they can bank easy minority loyalty for a future election while losing this one. This loose, canny, improv-ish comedy does right by director-cowriter-star Rock, who dares to envision an America ready to vote for a black man, at least on screen. It’s a start. With Bernie Mac and Robin Givens.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bernie Mac, Chris Rock, Dylan Baker, Robin Givens, Tamala Jones, Tracy Morgan, Nate Dogg, James Rebhorn, Nick Searcy, Lynn Whitfield; Director: Chris Rock; Author: Ali LeRoi, Chris Rock; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Pitch': A radio caller thought Ginny Baker was a real baseball player
- 'Timeless' showrunners say TV has become too 'dark'
- 5 key tracks on the 'American Honey' soundtrack
- Intense trailer for 'Evolution' features a disturbing discovery
- 'Elementary' boss previews new threats in season 6
- Inside the strange storytelling factory of Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs
- 'Once Upon a Time': Hook's past will come back to haunt him