Backroom power brokers pick small-potato D.C. alderman Mays Gilliam (Chris Rock) as their last-minute presidential candidate so they can bank easy minority loyalty for a future election while losing this one. This loose, canny, improv-ish comedy does right by director-cowriter-star Rock, who dares to envision an America ready to vote for a black man, at least on screen. It’s a start. With Bernie Mac and Robin Givens.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bernie Mac, Chris Rock, Dylan Baker, Robin Givens, Tamala Jones, Tracy Morgan, Nate Dogg, James Rebhorn, Nick Searcy, Lynn Whitfield; Director: Chris Rock; Author: Ali LeRoi, Chris Rock; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- Chris Pratt as Jason Statham in now-surfaced 'SNL' deleted sketch
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!