Backroom power brokers pick small-potato D.C. alderman Mays Gilliam (Chris Rock) as their last-minute presidential candidate so they can bank easy minority loyalty for a future election while losing this one. This loose, canny, improv-ish comedy does right by director-cowriter-star Rock, who dares to envision an America ready to vote for a black man, at least on screen. It’s a start. With Bernie Mac and Robin Givens.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Bernie Mac, Chris Rock, Dylan Baker, Robin Givens, Tamala Jones, Tracy Morgan, Nate Dogg, James Rebhorn, Nick Searcy, Lynn Whitfield; Director: Chris Rock; Author: Ali LeRoi, Chris Rock; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!