A delicate, deadpan comedy – and best-foreign-film Oscar nominee – about a man who loses his memory during a mugging, then creates a new life for himself on the fringes of Helsinki. Aki Kaurismaki’s marvelous, stubbornly personal film is filled with social compassion, dark jokes, and a great rock & roll soundtrack.
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Kati Outinen, Markku Peltola; Director: Aki Kaurismaki; Author: Aki Kaurismaki; Release Date Limited: 04/04/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc to host 'Top Gear' for another two seasons
- Drake releases short film 'Please Forgive Me'
- What to Watch: Stephen Colbert goes live to mock the debate
- 'Simpsons' season premiere has coincidental Arnold Palmer reference
- Amy Schumer made out with her boyfriend on Kiss Cam at the Mets game
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Showrunner talks crafting this year's crisis
- 'Power' finale postmortem: What that arrest means for Ghost