A delicate, deadpan comedy – and best-foreign-film Oscar nominee – about a man who loses his memory during a mugging, then creates a new life for himself on the fringes of Helsinki. Aki Kaurismaki’s marvelous, stubbornly personal film is filled with social compassion, dark jokes, and a great rock & roll soundtrack.
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Kati Outinen, Markku Peltola; Director: Aki Kaurismaki; Author: Aki Kaurismaki; Release Date Limited: 04/04/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Fire': Miranda Rae Mayo promoted to series regular
- Academy unearths old 'Return of the Jedi' teaser
- 'Game of Thrones' new photos, promo for episode 6
- Milla Jovovich is a video game character in 'Contract Killer: Sniper'
- Lizzo dishes on new music and feeling 'Good As Hell'
- 'Alice' star Beth Howland dies at 74
- Penelope Cruz on the 'anti-melodrama' of her new film 'Ma Ma'