Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn’t exactly ripping from music’s headlines. But topicality be damned – Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer, et al. put the hoot back in hootenanny with a 17-track retrofest that seriously outfunnies the folk-spoofing film. Not since Nashville has a cast so effectively written its own musical material. Numerous contenders vie for the ”I’m Easy” memorial best song award; let’s hope the Oscar goes to the faux Folksmen for their combined mining/train-disaster anthem ”Blood on the Coal.”
A Mighty Wind Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn't exactly ripping from music's headlines. But topicality be damned -- Christopher Guest,...A Mighty Wind Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn't exactly ripping from music's headlines. But topicality be damned -- Christopher Guest,...2003-04-18
Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé thought Denis Leary was Bryan Adams: 'Beyoncé makes the call'
- Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Watch the new trailer for 'Office Christmas Party'
- Seth Rogen, Kevin Hart join Jeff Ross' 'Roast Battle' judges panel
- Roger Moore 'heartbroken' after daughter dies of cancer
- Zelda Williams stars in Lifetime thriller 'Girl in the Box': Photos
- 'The A Word' clip: After sex, Maurice promises 'It'll get better'