Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn’t exactly ripping from music’s headlines. But topicality be damned – Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer, et al. put the hoot back in hootenanny with a 17-track retrofest that seriously outfunnies the folk-spoofing film. Not since Nashville has a cast so effectively written its own musical material. Numerous contenders vie for the ”I’m Easy” memorial best song award; let’s hope the Oscar goes to the faux Folksmen for their combined mining/train-disaster anthem ”Blood on the Coal.”
A Mighty Wind Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn't exactly ripping from music's headlines. But topicality be damned -- Christopher Guest,...A Mighty Wind Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn't exactly ripping from music's headlines. But topicality be damned -- Christopher Guest,...2003-04-18
Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jason Clarke prepares the team for the journey ahead in 'Everest' clip
- R. Kelly says he wrote 462 songs for his new album, and they're all hits
- 'Vampire Diaries' cast recalls what it was like working with Nina Dobrev
- The best VMA moments, according to Facebook
- Dylan's Candy Bar is celebrating 'Mean Girls' with themed candy
- 11 outrageous moments from Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 'Faking It' season 2B supertease: Karma and Amy pretend to be a couple again — exclusive
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!