Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn’t exactly ripping from music’s headlines. But topicality be damned – Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer, et al. put the hoot back in hootenanny with a 17-track retrofest that seriously outfunnies the folk-spoofing film. Not since Nashville has a cast so effectively written its own musical material. Numerous contenders vie for the ”I’m Easy” memorial best song award; let’s hope the Oscar goes to the faux Folksmen for their combined mining/train-disaster anthem ”Blood on the Coal.”
A Mighty Wind Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn't exactly ripping from music's headlines. But topicality be damned -- Christopher Guest,...A Mighty Wind Satirizing the Kingston Trio and New Christy Minstrels isn't exactly ripping from music's headlines. But topicality be damned -- Christopher Guest,...2003-04-18
Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes' highest-paid actors list
- 12 must-read novels out this fall
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Marie Lu's 'The Midnight Star'
- WATCH: Jennifer Esposito and Wilmer Valderrama debut on 'NCIS'
- MTV VMAs producer: Rihanna to deliver 'holy crap VMA moment'
- Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion unveil 'Con Man: The Game' in exclusive trailer
- 'Trick 'r Treat' character Sam to become Halloween digital decoration