For a movie about an ex-military tough guy who makes a living carting anything anywhere, very little of The Transporter takes place behind the wheel. Instead, we get to see lots of Hong Kong-style wire-fu, lots of bullets riddling houses on the French Riviera, and lots of a shirtless Jason Statham alternating between his two looks: grizzled-angry and grizzled-smirky. The film plays like a melange of every Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, albeit one with the gall to lift its ending right from ”Raiders of the Lost Ark”’s over-under truck chase. In short, this is a decent, diverting action flick only if you’ve never seen an action flick before.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jason Statham, Francois Berleand, Matt Schulze, Qi Shu; Author: Luc Besson; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo addresses McDreamy's death
- Guillermo del Toro's video game with Daryl from 'Walking Dead' has been canceled
- See the new poster for season 3 of 'Orange is the New Black'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' sneak peek: The original team reunites
- Nate Ruess debuts new solo track and plots tour dates
- Reese Witherspoon & Sofía Vergara lip sync to Miley & Taylor