For a movie about an ex-military tough guy who makes a living carting anything anywhere, very little of The Transporter takes place behind the wheel. Instead, we get to see lots of Hong Kong-style wire-fu, lots of bullets riddling houses on the French Riviera, and lots of a shirtless Jason Statham alternating between his two looks: grizzled-angry and grizzled-smirky. The film plays like a melange of every Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, albeit one with the gall to lift its ending right from ”Raiders of the Lost Ark”’s over-under truck chase. In short, this is a decent, diverting action flick only if you’ve never seen an action flick before.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jason Statham, Francois Berleand, Matt Schulze, Qi Shu; Author: Luc Besson; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special