For a movie about an ex-military tough guy who makes a living carting anything anywhere, very little of The Transporter takes place behind the wheel. Instead, we get to see lots of Hong Kong-style wire-fu, lots of bullets riddling houses on the French Riviera, and lots of a shirtless Jason Statham alternating between his two looks: grizzled-angry and grizzled-smirky. The film plays like a melange of every Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, albeit one with the gall to lift its ending right from ”Raiders of the Lost Ark”’s over-under truck chase. In short, this is a decent, diverting action flick only if you’ve never seen an action flick before.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jason Statham, Francois Berleand, Matt Schulze, Qi Shu; Author: Luc Besson; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good