For a movie about an ex-military tough guy who makes a living carting anything anywhere, very little of The Transporter takes place behind the wheel. Instead, we get to see lots of Hong Kong-style wire-fu, lots of bullets riddling houses on the French Riviera, and lots of a shirtless Jason Statham alternating between his two looks: grizzled-angry and grizzled-smirky. The film plays like a melange of every Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, albeit one with the gall to lift its ending right from ”Raiders of the Lost Ark”’s over-under truck chase. In short, this is a decent, diverting action flick only if you’ve never seen an action flick before.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jason Statham, Francois Berleand, Matt Schulze, Qi Shu; Author: Luc Besson; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!