For a movie about an ex-military tough guy who makes a living carting anything anywhere, very little of The Transporter takes place behind the wheel. Instead, we get to see lots of Hong Kong-style wire-fu, lots of bullets riddling houses on the French Riviera, and lots of a shirtless Jason Statham alternating between his two looks: grizzled-angry and grizzled-smirky. The film plays like a melange of every Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, albeit one with the gall to lift its ending right from ”Raiders of the Lost Ark”’s over-under truck chase. In short, this is a decent, diverting action flick only if you’ve never seen an action flick before.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jason Statham, Francois Berleand, Matt Schulze, Qi Shu; Author: Luc Besson; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop