For a movie about an ex-military tough guy who makes a living carting anything anywhere, very little of The Transporter takes place behind the wheel. Instead, we get to see lots of Hong Kong-style wire-fu, lots of bullets riddling houses on the French Riviera, and lots of a shirtless Jason Statham alternating between his two looks: grizzled-angry and grizzled-smirky. The film plays like a melange of every Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, albeit one with the gall to lift its ending right from ”Raiders of the Lost Ark”’s over-under truck chase. In short, this is a decent, diverting action flick only if you’ve never seen an action flick before.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jason Statham, Francois Berleand, Matt Schulze, Qi Shu; Author: Luc Besson; Release Date Wide: 10/11/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!