Amanda Bynes has chipmunk cheeks, eyes as clear as a Kansas sky, and the ability to rock out in the punkette-gymnast manner of Avril Lavigne. In What a Girl Wants, she hops over to England to reunite with her long-lost, dashing aristocrat father (Colin Firth). Ensconced in Daddy’s mansion, Bynes shocks the stuffing out of all those fuddy-duddy English people, even as she gets the privilege of absorbing their classy airs. The movie is a likable tween throwaway, though you do wish it didn’t leave you with the unfortunate sight of Colin Firth donning leather pants to play air guitar to ”Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo.”
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Amanda Bynes, Colin Firth, Kelly Preston, Eileen Atkins, Anna Chancellor, Oliver James, Jonathan Pryce; Director: Dennie Gordon; Author: Jenny Bicks; Release Date Wide: 04/04/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 1; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted April 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere